Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Revit

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
chachaman
64 Views, 5 Replies

Import Revit

Hello,

More and more suppliers share data only through REVIT files. I'm still on INV 2023. What is the  est workflow to import revit Files into iunventor. Unfortunately I dont have REVIT . It,s painful to have to depend on others to ask for a SAT translation.

I am trying to impport the attched file into Inventor. If someone can do it for me, I would be much obliged.

Thx

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
blandb
in reply to: chachaman

Depending on what your workflow is and what you want, you can choose to do a File > Open > Import DWG, then go through the settings. (This could take a while to process)

If you are using Autocad Mechanical, then you can open that drawing then use the STEPOUT command to get a step file, and then open. You may get a bunch of surfaces that you have to stitch together, but you can get an assembly. This is good as you can then make positional representations if need be for your designs.

Or you can just open the revit file directly as we can open (.rvt) files

Autodesk Certified Professional
Message 3 of 6
blandb
in reply to: blandb

Attached is a 2024 version where I stepped out and imported. there are 2 components that wont stitch, but I don't have time to look into it. You can make a mock-up of the 2 parts to simplify it.

Message 4 of 6
chachaman

What version of inventor opens revit files ?
Message 5 of 6
blandb
in reply to: chachaman

You have been able to for a while, when choosing open, change the file type in the bottom to .rvt...that is the only version we have. If it is rfa (I think that is a file type in revit) we cannot open them.

Message 6 of 6
chachaman

All my gratitude Sir !

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report