Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import from another CAD format with custom template

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Moverano
272 Views, 4 Replies

Import from another CAD format with custom template

I have a question, if I have it configured incorrectly or is this how Inventor 2015 works?

I have my custom part (.ipt), sheet metal (.ipt), assembly (.iam) and drawing (.idw) templates. They all have ilogic rules and user parameters (iProperties). When I import, for example, from Step (most of the time) it doesn't take my assembly template, so I don't have my rules and the rest of the document parameters.

I have dewfinid the route for load my custom template

Is there any solution?

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
SBix26
in reply to: Moverano

I don't have Inventor 2015 (it's nine years out of date!), but I believe you can start a new assembly from the template of your choice, then File > Open > Import CAD Files.  Unfortunately, this does not allow you to specify the part templates used, but at least you're starting out with the assembly template you want.

However, if you instead import as a multi-body solid (part file) instead of an assembly you can use Make Components to create the individual parts and assemble them, and you can specify the templates used for each individual file.  Perhaps that will get the job done?

Hope this helps,

Sam B

Inventor Pro 2024.2 | Windows 11 Home 22H2
autodesk-expert-elite-member-logo-1line-rgb-black.png

Message 3 of 5
Frederick_Law

Save your Templates with the name "Standard".

IV use Standard.ipt, iam, idw when it doesn't ask for Template file.

Message 4 of 5
Moverano
in reply to: Frederick_Law

Yes 

Message 5 of 5
Moverano

It's solved¡

My fault is that I have my templates in another directory that is different from the predefined by Inventor

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report