Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I try to connect my inventor to MATLAB but no add-ins appear

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
chanitsiri
4529 Views, 16 Replies

I try to connect my inventor to MATLAB but no add-ins appear

I try to connect my inventor to export my CAD to MATLAB but after enabled Simscape Multibody Link Inventor Plug-in and restart my Inventor there's no Add-ins of Simscape to add.

01.PNG02.PNG

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
swalton
in reply to: chanitsiri

Have you started a support case with Mathworks?  I suspect that they will have the most information about the MATLAB plug-in.

Is the version of Inventor you are using supported by the version of the Mathworks plug-in you are using?

Steve Walton
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Inventor 2023
Vault Professional 2023
Message 3 of 17
johnsonshiue

Hi! This may be a MATLAB install issue. But, you may be able to correct it by yourself. Find the addin load file (.addin extension). Then drop it in the following folder.

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Inventor 2021\Addins\

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 17
ed19b007
in reply to: johnsonshiue

I'm not able to find the corresponding .addin file. 

Message 5 of 17
johnsonshiue
in reply to: ed19b007

Hi! What release of Inventor are you running? The path mentioned above was for 2021.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 6 of 17
ed19b007

I'm using the latest 2022 (Just installed)

Message 7 of 17
johnsonshiue

Hi! Then the add-in files should be under "C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Inventor 2022\Addins." If not, search for the MatLab addin file and copy&paste it to the above path.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 8 of 17
ed19b007

Hi Sir, Sorry but I've searched entire C and D drives already including the folder you've mentioned. I couldn't find any .addin file. (btw I have both inventor and Matlab in D drive)

Message 9 of 17

@ed19b007 wrote:

Hi Sir, Sorry but I've searched entire C and D drives already including the folder you've mentioned. I couldn't find any .addin file. (btw I have both inventor and Matlab in D drive)

Shouldn't this be the problem!

@johnsonshiue 

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Autodesk Software:Inventor Professional 2024 | Vault Professional 2022 | Autocad Mechanical 2022
Programming Skills:Vba | Vb.net (Add ins Vault / Inventor, Applications) | I-logic
Programming Examples:Drawing List!|Toggle Drawing Sheet!|Workplane Resize!|Drawing View Locker!|Multi Sheet to Mono Sheet!|Drawing Weld Symbols!|Drawing View Label Align!|Open From Balloon!|Model State Lock!
Posts and Ideas:Dimension Component!|Partlist Export!|Derive I-properties!|Vault Prompts Via API!|Vault Handbook/Manual!|Drawing Toggle Sheets!|Vault Defer Update!

! For administrative reasons, please mark a "Solution as solved" when the issue is solved !

Message 10 of 17
johnsonshiue

Hi! Then I am sorry I run out of ideas. This particular add-in file was not created by Autodesk Inventor. You may want to approach Matlab.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 11 of 17
swalton
in reply to: ed19b007

Mathworks Support:

https://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab/matlab_env/contact-technical-support.html

Steve Walton
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Inventor 2023
Vault Professional 2023
Message 12 of 17

Hi there, I'm having the same issue, Inventor 2022. Did you find a solution at the end ?

Thanks!

Message 13 of 17

are you able to share the *.addin file?

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Autodesk Software:Inventor Professional 2024 | Vault Professional 2022 | Autocad Mechanical 2022
Programming Skills:Vba | Vb.net (Add ins Vault / Inventor, Applications) | I-logic
Programming Examples:Drawing List!|Toggle Drawing Sheet!|Workplane Resize!|Drawing View Locker!|Multi Sheet to Mono Sheet!|Drawing Weld Symbols!|Drawing View Label Align!|Open From Balloon!|Model State Lock!
Posts and Ideas:Dimension Component!|Partlist Export!|Derive I-properties!|Vault Prompts Via API!|Vault Handbook/Manual!|Drawing Toggle Sheets!|Vault Defer Update!

! For administrative reasons, please mark a "Solution as solved" when the issue is solved !

Message 14 of 17

I contacted Matlab support regarding this issue and unfortunately, it doesn't work with Inventor 2022.

This was the corresponding msg from MATLAB,

"Unfortunately at this time, Inventor 2022 is not compatible with R2021a. Our development team is aware of this issue and working to include it in future updates/releases. I do apologize for any convenience this may cause. Previous releases of Inventor, like Inventor 2021, are compatible and should work like normal."
Message 15 of 17

Ok I uninstalled 2022 and installed 2021 and it works. Thanks for the help ! 🙂

Message 16 of 17

Could you upload the *.addin file.

Maybe I have a solution !

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Message 17 of 17

I can't find any .addin file but here is the addin package to run in Matlab. I hope it helps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report