Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm having dual monitor issues, I need help...

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
adventurefilms
129 Views, 3 Replies

I'm having dual monitor issues, I need help...

Ok so today I plugged a monitor into my laptop so I could work on a larger screen and when the small windows for new part, constraint, etc came up I moved them over to the "extra" screen instead of my laptop screen, however now I am at home again and just on my laptop and those windows are still "mapped" to the other monitior...???

I assumed that when I was on just the laptop they would map back to the "only" screen, however; even when I plug the other monitor in to try and get those windows back I still can't see them, can anyone help?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
billco-mfg
in reply to: adventurefilms

You can get some of them back. Press alt+space, then hold the arrow keys to move the windows back. Others won't show up until you hook up the other monitor. I've never had one disappear while using both screens.
Message 3 of 4
wfisher

Does anybody have a better solution for this senerio. I cannot start a new drawing because the window that opens when I start it is off the sreen and somewhere else.
Message 4 of 4
dan_inv09

Alt+space M then arrow keys to move them back is pretty good in my opinion.
Someone mentioned some registry keys in a post a couple of months ago, but messing with the registry can be dangerous if you aren't sure what you're doing, and there were some things you couldn't fix from there (if you find the post I'm thinking of it'll explain it).
Reinstalling should reset everything to defaults as well if you wanted to try that.
But Alt+space M and the arrow keys is safest, simplest and quickest as far as I know.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report