Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get my education license to work with inventor

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Shea.SmithVQXVN
642 Views, 3 Replies

How to get my education license to work with inventor

Inventor was already installed on my PC by someone else, and when I sign in, it says that I need to buy it or start a trial, despite me having an education license. I tried hitting "get products" in the education page, but this didn't change anything. I now have a trial running, but still have yet to secure the education license. 

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

If you bought the product yourself it will be in your account, otherwise, the admin who owns the license must assign this to your autodesk account. 

If you're on the normal subscription model, logging into your Autodesk account through Inventor should be enough. 

login.PNG

If not

Go to https://accounts.autodesk.com/

Sign in with your autodesk account

Go to products and services in the top right

Here you'll find all products linked to your account. 

If Inventor is not shown then it is not assigned to you. 

You can get a serial here if needed. 

Expert Elite
  Inventor Certified Professional
Message 3 of 4
mcgyvr
in reply to: Shea.SmithVQXVN

What version of Inventor is installed?

What version of Inventor is your student license for?

As stated you can check which entitlement you have by logging into your account.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 4

In addition to what has already been said here, just clicking Get Product does not add the product to your account. You need to at least start the download process - once started you can cancel if you have a working installation.

Leo Warren
Autodesk Student Ambassador Diamond
Please accept as solution and give likes if applicable.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report