Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I turn a file made in Inventor 2025 to Inventor 2024?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
huynh_jh_07
948 Views, 4 Replies

How do I turn a file made in Inventor 2025 to Inventor 2024?

I've created some parts in Inventor 2025, but I would like to open them or copy them into Inventor 2024. I am unsure what I should do. Any suggestions beside just recreating them?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CCarreiras
in reply to: huynh_jh_07

Hi!

It's not possible to open a file with all the features browser in a previous version.

This happen in any 3D software.

Anyway, You can open the file in a previous version, but without the features browser... (only the solid geometry).

On the other side, is possible to open a previous version in a newer version, ex: open a file in a v25 version created in a v24 (or previous version) whit no problem.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
James_Willo

The only way to do this is to export to a neutral format like STEP and then import that to 2024. As said above you'll lose all your feature browser.

You can also make use of FutureCAD. As long as 2024.3 is installed, you can open Inventor 2025 files. Again you'll have no feature information, just geometry, but it will be associative if you choose. 

James W
Inventor UX Designer
Message 4 of 5

It is not possible to open the new version files in older version.

Message 5 of 5
jyager

Get in the DeLorean.

Jason Yager
Inventor Professional 2025.0.1
Windows 10 Pro 21H2
Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900X CPU @ 3.70GHz
32GB RAM
AMD Radeon Pro WX 3200 Series
3D Connexion SpaceMouse Pro

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report