Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I export the second level of the Structured BOM only?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
vic221
261 Views, 3 Replies

How do I export the second level of the Structured BOM only?

I would like to only export the second level of my structured BOM tab. I am aware that it is possible to export the first level only or all levels of the structured BOM tab, but is there any way to export only the second level, which is the level at which each of my main assemblies are only expanded once, i.e only export item no's 2, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, etc... instead of 2, 2.1, 2.1.1, 2.1.2, 2.1.3, 2.2, 2.3, etc...

I am asking since some of the sub-sub-assemblies in my main assembly is made up of parts with irrelevant part names, such as 5531-2331.ipt, 5531-2332.ipt, etc..., and I don't want those to show up in my exported excel document.

A few ways of doing it manually would be to export the all-level structured BOM tab to excel, and then manually deleting the rows with the irrelevant part names to reach the desired structure, or, export the first level of each individual sub-assembly and manually combine them into the larger assembly in excel.

Is there any way it can be done automatically?

Labels (4)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
b.mccarthy
in reply to: vic221

Maybe set those irrelevant parts to "Phantom"?

Message 3 of 4
vic221
in reply to: b.mccarthy

This worked, however I am now faced with another issue, selecting multiple components and changing their structure to Phantom rather than changing each one individually
Message 4 of 4
b.mccarthy
in reply to: vic221

What is your workflow? Some of the ilogic gurus may be able to develop a script to simplify this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report