Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hidden .ipt

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
751 Views, 7 Replies

Hidden .ipt

All,

I have an .ipt that shows up in the vault browser tab in the assembly and drawing environments that is not in my assembly. I have tried everything I can think of to locate this part within the assembly with no luck. I even deleted all parts, preparations, machining ops, welds and planes so all my browser shows are the factory planes, when I go to check it in the .iam/.idw the part (vertical trim) still appears in the browser. My concern is that this part may affect my assemblies mass properties. I have attached screenshots from my .iam and .idw for review. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!!

Shawn

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pcrawley
in reply to: Anonymous

Did you forget the screenshots?
Peter
Message 3 of 8
karthur1

I dont see a screen shot either.... but, in your assembly browser, change to the "Master" representation. Is it visible now?

Another thing to try, from the Vault browser, right click on the part and choose, "Find in window". Now, right click in the graphics window and chose "Isolate".  That should show you the part.  Right click > Undo Isolate to get back to where you were.

Kirk

Message 4 of 8
karthur1
in reply to: karthur1

Oh, now I see your screen shots.... they are in another post by you futher down the forum.  Not sure how that happens.

After seeing the screen shots, try what I suggested above.  It seems like the part just might be an "empty" part someone has created just for a place holder and it does not have any mass.

Kirk

Message 5 of 8
brendan.henderson

While of no help, I also have this issue. Got about 6 instances dating from Vault 2010. Doesn't realy cause me any issues because we custom make practically all parts. Would like to know the answer/fix though. Adesk have a copy of my entire database and can't find fault.

Brendan Henderson
CAD Manager

New Blog | Old Blog | Google+ | Twitter

Inventor 2016 PDSU Build 236, Release 2016.2.2, Vault Professional 2016 Update 1, Win 7 64 bit

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

Kirk,

I tried 'find in window' with no luck. 'find in window' does find all other parts in the assy. Something strange I noticed in the .idw screenshot, the vault browser lists the part #s 2x and the second 'set' of part #s does not include vertical trim part??? I can open vertical trim from vault and my local workspace and the part does have mass. Vault also lists this part as being used in these two files (.idw/.iam). Also tried removing the file from vault and workspace in hopes of a 'resolve link' errror when I relaunch. I get the 'resolve link' and I resolve to a known good .ipt, now THAT part is 'hidden'? Retried that same method with the 'skip' button during 'resolve link' in hopes of 'replacing component', but it will not show up in my assy browser to replace. Im at a loss!!!!

Message 7 of 8
karthur1

Open the 4730042G01.iam.  Now go to Manage> Parameters. Scroll down to the bottom.  Is the Vertical Trim.ipt listed there?  I thought that it may be linked to the assembly for a parameter or something.

When you go to Vault Explorer > Uses tab, what does it show for this assembly?  Is the Vertical trim.ipt listed there as well?

Kirk

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: karthur1

I really appreciate the help Kirk. The part is not listed in Manage> Parameters. Also, Vault explorer does not show this part in the uses tab. However, a where used on vertical trim says its used in the .iam/.idw. Ultimatley, I have reassembled in a fresh assy file and the issue is taken care of. Still does not address what happened here though. Again, thanks for your help!!! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report