Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hex Holes

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
kadam062
1601 Views, 5 Replies

Hex Holes

Hello, 

I am importing designs from solidworks and this bracket has hexagonal holes but in the drawing history it shows up as a circle. 

Is there a way to go from circular to hexagonal extrudes/cuts/holes in Inventor?

Thanks, 

Kurtis

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mcgyvr
in reply to: kadam062

Not sure what you are really asking after looking at your model.. I don't see any hexagon holes..

You can draw hexagons using the "Polygon" sketch tool located in the flyout of the "Rectangle" shape.. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 6
JDMather

@kadam062 wrote:

I am importing designs from solidworks...

Attach the original *.sldprt file here.

There should be no difference - so some information is being omitted in your problem description.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 6
johnsonshiue

Hi! I believe the OP is talking about the graphics. The hexagon hole is probably due performance setting to reduce graphical fidelity, when Inventor is working on a large assembly.

There is a way to refresh the graphics. Go to Tools -> App Options -> Display -> check "Disable Automatic Refinement."

Go to View -> click on Refine Appearance (a.k.a REGEN in AutoCAD).

Another quick way to refresh the graphics is to do Rebuild All (Manage -> Rebuild All).

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 6
kadam062
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Yes it was a graphics issue, thanks!

I'm a student who is fairly new to inventor, that is the reason for all the questions.

Thanks, 

Kurtis

Message 6 of 6
JDMather

@kadam062 

Always best to Attach the file(s) in question (in this case the *.sldprt file) or at lease screen capture images.

I'm still not sure that I understand the issue, but it sounds like you got it figured out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report