Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Glyph relationship

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
609 Views, 7 Replies

Glyph relationship

Hello,

The attachment is an assembly of 3 parts. The assembly was healthy before this instance but I can not find what has happened and what is the fault so that the constraints do not work properly and bulbs icons appear beside  each constraint as seen in the below picture. Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thank you

atajabbas

Inventor 2020

Untitled.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

further to my previous message, here is the attachment

atajabbas

Message 3 of 8
johnsonshiue

Hi! There is nothing wrong with the constraints. They are just visible persistently via "Show" command. Go to Relationship ribbon panel -> depress "Show." After that the glyph will be hidden.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Hi sir,

Many thanks for your reply.

Does this mean that there is no wrong with the constraint here, but the Bulb does not appear with all constraints, so does the Constraint without Bulb is more healthy than those with Bulbs as you see in the below picture or there is something wrong. Further,  when applying constraint to some parts a sound " Taq" is heard indicating that it is ok while in the case of Bulbs, there was no sound.

Thank you

atajabbas

Untitled2.jpg

atajabbas

Message 5 of 8
JDMather

@Anonymous wrote:

...but the Bulb does not appear with all constraints 

Did you turn on Visibility for all constraints?

This is what I see in your assembly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 6 of 8
engineeringC9JUF
in reply to: JDMather

no one seems to be able to answer this question.  I agree with you, there is something wrong with a light bulb constraint.  It is not simply "it is on, you can turn it off".  That is all these hundreds of responders say, "nothing wrong, just means it is on, you can turn it off".  But they are incorrect! Yes, you can turn off the glyph, but when the glyph visibility is on, you see the bulb beside some constraints and NOT beside others.  And yes, you hear the sound of the "healthy" constraints that do not have bulbs, but there is no sound with the constraints that have the bulbs.  SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH THE CONSTRAINT THAT HAS YELLOW LIGHT BULBS.  It may not affect much, maybe its just a warning, but its not normal and a clean healthy mate.  Autodesk guys gave the same answer, (it means your glyphs are on, and you can turn them off and not see it". So frustrating, I know I can turn off the glyph, but why do some mates have it and others dont?  Even the programmers dont know.  I spoke with an Inventor instructor, and he said the same thing.  D____!  If you dont know, just say you dont know.  I will continue to try to find answer and will post if I ever find one.

Message 7 of 8
CGBenner
in reply to: engineeringC9JUF

@engineeringC9JUF 

Hello.  In any assembly, right mouse click in your browser on a constraint, and select Visibility to toggle it on or off for that specific constraint.  It is not a universal setting, which is why some will show the bulb and not others.  If the bulb is present the Constraint is visible on the object, at the point of that constraint, so that you can see exactly where it is.  If the bulb is not there, that also disappears.  It is just a visual way to see exactly where on a part or assembly a specific individual constraint sits, for troubleshooting.

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 8 of 8

Hi @engineeringC9JUF,

Please share an example that illustrates the defective behavior. It sounds that some glyphs are corrupted or not reacting to the command. Without seeing the Inventor files, I cannot comment further.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report