Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Generative Design Explanation

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
dhanavant.chodavadiya
2052 Views, 3 Replies

Inventor Generative Design Explanation

Can anyone explain to me about Generative Design from Autodesk?

kelly.young has edited your subject line for clarity: Generative Design

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hello Dhanavant,

Simply speaking, Generative Design allow you expand your ability to deliver innovative design and engineering solutions as well as simultaneously generate multiple CAD-ready solutions based on real-world manufacturing constraints and performance requirements.

More behind the words - Generative design leverages machine learning to mimic nature’s evolutionary approach to design. Designers or engineers input design parameters (such as materials, size, weight, strength, manufacturing methods, and cost constraints) into generative design software and the software explores all the possible combinations of a solution, quickly generating hundreds or even thousands of design options. From there, the designers or engineers can filter and select the outcomes to best meet their needs.

More details, please refer to Generative Design page and have a try.

And more:

https://www.autodesk.com/industry/manufacturing/resources/engineering-leadership/generative-design-t...

Hope it helps!

Xun
Message 3 of 4

I am serching since lasat 2 week and if its possible to explain all the question in terms of Structural Engineering.

1. what is the exact differance between Generative Design and Topology Optimization? (In terms of AGD )

1. Which algorithm used by Generative Design? And How we can perform Topology Optimization in Generative Design?

1. How generate number of solution and how is it useful? (In topology Optimization we define Loads and constraint and got optimum solution, but same we define in Generative design and explore numbers of solution. I mean here, which parameter we can define as a rule and parameter).

1. If is it possible, then I want talk with expert at Autodesk per Telephon or Skype

Thank you so much in Advance!

Message 4 of 4

@dhanavant.chodavadiya wrote:
1. what is the exact difference between Generative Design and Topology Optimization? (In terms of AGD )
2. Which algorithm used by Generative Design? And How we can perform Topology Optimization in Generative Design?
3. How generate number of solution and how is it useful? (In topology Optimization we define Loads and constraint and got optimum solution, but same we define in Generative design and explore numbers of solution. I mean here, which parameter we can define as a rule and parameter).
4. If is it possible, then I want talk with expert at Autodesk per Telephon or Skype

Fine, Let's talk it one by one.

#1: There are four methods of generative design and topology optimization is one of them. In topology optimization analysis is performed on the given body to find out the stress distribution so that the designer can remove unnecessary material in low stressed areas to reduce the weight of the body. This is to be done manually. But in generative design human involvement is very less to produce hundreds and thousands designs for you to choose.

In the most modern approach named form synthesis ( used in Autodesk dream catcher) designers input their objectives and constraints, and the software runs artificial intelligence-based algorithms in cloud to produce a wide range of design alternatives from which one can be selected after verification. Generative design also makes use of machine learning and bio-mimicry. Here your design will mimic the form the nature would have made it.

#2: It is not able to be public due to intellectual property rights in legal.

#3: Using Generative Design engine and the compute power of the cloud, it enables engineers to create thousands of design options by simply defining their design problem - inputting basic parameters such as height, weight it must support, strength, and material options, etc.

#4: Of cause, you are always highly welcomed for further discussion for sure, just let me know. My email: xun.zhang@autodesk.com.

Not sure if these are what you want, but let's keep in touch anywhere, anytime.

Thanks!

Xun

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report