Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friday pictures 3-17-'17

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
-niels-
710 Views, 10 Replies

Friday pictures 3-17-'17

Hello everyone, it's Friday again!

Over at the 3DS Max forum there was a topic this week on the interop between Inventor and 3DS Max.

They want to assist people who are interested in getting their models transferred between these programs and have an Autodesk employee present to answer questions.

So for those people that visit this topic and like the 3DS Max renders we usually show here, it might be interesting to ask your questions in that topic as well!

I already learned something because of that; 3DS Max 2017 will import inventor weldment assemblies WITH the welds, which it didn't in earlier versions. (thank you @brentscannell)

So i tested that and decided to make a render of a welded part i made, i also included a wooden board that i made entirely in Max but was inspired because of a woodgrain question here earlier.

Ophanging_plukband.jpg

I might have overdone it a little on the displacement for the welds, some things you only really see properly on the final full sized render... Smiley Frustrated

Enjoy the weekend!

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Lewis.Young
in reply to: -niels-

Nice render! Also cheers for that info, no doubt i'll be heading over to the 3DS Max forum sometime soon!

Out of curiosity, what does this part do?

Message 3 of 11
-niels-
in reply to: Lewis.Young

@Lewis.Young wrote:
Out of curiosity, what does this part do?

It's a swivel arm for a picking belt, can't show the full design though... (not yet anyway...)

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 4 of 11
Frank-Oosterwaal

Hi everyone,

Finally back at my desk after some crazy weeks of traveling! A while back I designed and made a baby carriage for my niece. It was a fun project to do! Here's a render of the carriage. Btw, did not know about the weld import, thanks for mentioning it @Niels!

Enjoy the weekend all!!!

Carriage.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 5 of 11
Judith.Hageman

Hi Everyone,

Do you remember this one: Design Challenge: Valentine's Day? It's time to vote, so please check it out and @mention your favourite!

I have been busy on the 3ds Max Forum with the interop between Inventor and 3ds Max as Niels mentioned before, have to re-design a project. Just made a simple ray-trace render from it in Inventor for now.

So here my picture for this week, and it isn't finished yet!

Skid.jpg

Have a fun weekend!

Judith

Message 6 of 11
Cadmanto

Well, I final have something to add to the Friday pictures thread.  I have been working on some custom glass panels for a section of an Airport in Seattle.

I decided since they are glass to place the Caesareas National Park in Israel as a back drop.

Wall Panel.jpg

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 7 of 11
mpatchus

Hardly any free time lately, but I was playing around with my SIG a little.

Still have a few details to add to the grips and frame, and I have to model the clip yet, but close enough for a quick screen render.

Sig Mat.png

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 8 of 11
cbenner
in reply to: Judith.Hageman
Message 9 of 11
Judith.Hageman
in reply to: cbenner

@cbenner  Sure. Originally it is a dosing skid with double components for safety/reliability purposes. I have re-designed it, so a lot of intellectual property parts are removed.

Thank you for your compliment. I want to use this as a 3ds Max render project, so I hope the next rendering will be even better. Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 11
Jef_E

Damnn.. I missed it, got called away to help lower this crane I bought for my building project 😄 but I had some pictures ready.

Here is the crane 🙂

933727003271844.jpg

Here are the pictures I had in store, vessel total height = 13m and the large diameter is 3m. Weight is 25000kg

1.png2.png3.png

Please kudo if this post was helpfull
Please accept as solution if your problem was solved

Inventor 2014 SP2
Message 11 of 11
chris31
in reply to: mpatchus

Magazine...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report