Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friday pictures 2-17-'17

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
-niels-
798 Views, 14 Replies

Friday pictures 2-17-'17

Hey Everyone, it's picture time again!

Don't really have anything as fancy as the last time, not that much time for rendering.

As a result of the pictures last week and the replies they got over in the 3DS Max challenge i did a little experimenting with the  Daylight system and the Hair&Fur modifier in 3DS Max.

So this is more of a study picture for Max, but i did use a model of one of our machines that i still need to make a proper product render of.

It's not finished and i didn't apply all the textures yet, so it doesn't look that good, my main focus was on the light and grass.

Daylight_system_study.jpg

Hope to see more great projects people are working on.

And again, if you have suggestions for a theme please post it here or send me a PM.

Have a great weekend!

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
Frank-Oosterwaal
in reply to: -niels-

Hi everyone,

Looking nice already @-niels-! That hair/ fur modifier works well for grass, I used it for the Easter edition we did. Also nice environment map!

Here's mine for this week, it's a render off a arm I'm working on right now. I'm still trying to get materials to look more used. Didn't have time to apply rust maps to give it that bit more realistic look.

Have a great weekend!

hydraulic swivel.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 15
Judith.Hageman

Hi All,

Here is my contribution for this week. It is a detail picture, experimenting in Max with camera, lighting and presentation.

vulschroef-1.jpg

Have a great weekend!

Regards,

Judith

Message 4 of 15
-niels-
in reply to: Frank-Oosterwaal

@Frank-Oosterwaal: those look like massive gears, wouldn't want to get my finger stuck in there. Smiley Wink

Just wondering, since you like your fluid addon, shouldn't there be some grease on those gears as well for realism?

@Judith.Hageman: Looks nice, some sort of transporting mechanism?

Maybe a little over-exposed, but otherwise looking good. did you use an IBL for this or did you set up all the lights yourself?

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 5 of 15
ThomasB44

Playing with my new worker model, to explain difference between working height, and platform height.

It's a simple rendering made in Inventor drawing environment Smiley Embarassed

Info working height.png

Have a nice week end Smiley Wink

Thomas
Mechanical Designer / Inventor Professionnal 2023
Inventor Professional EESignature

Message 6 of 15
Jef_E
in reply to: ThomasB44

Cool, could you share the model of that iMike? I could use that myself if a valve is unreachable..

My contribution is a little bit different this time 🙂 I re published the DIN 28129 part into the content center as it was not modeled correct.. Just raytracing nothing special..

DIN 28129.JPG 

Please kudo if this post was helpfull
Please accept as solution if your problem was solved

Inventor 2014 SP2
Message 7 of 15
Judith.Hageman

@-niels-: Yes, it spreads the waste of snack carrot bits evenly over a container. When the first container is full, the screw conveyor switches to the other container.

It is a little over-exposed for a natural look, but I wanted to look bright and shiny so I can live with it as an experiment. Didn't use IBL, set up all the lights myself, which is quite a challenge! In photo studio's they use light boxes to get a nice diffuse light, but I can't find something like that in mental ray Max. I think I have seen it with V-ray rendering, but never used that render style.

Love your grass. Used it once to create grass as well, funny stuff. Smiley Happy

@Frank-Oosterwaal: fluid addon? Which one?

@ThomasB44: nice picture! Great worker model!!! We build many skids, like Jef_E I could use the model as well to show unreachable places....

Message 8 of 15
kpyoung333
in reply to: Judith.Hageman

Rendered in Inventor Studio and nothing else. Happy Friday!

Message 9 of 15
ThomasB44
in reply to: Judith.Hageman

Sorry @Judith.Hageman and @Jef_E, but I've spend a really long long time to repair the geometry, find the pivot point of each joint, set a correct appearance, and finally constrain the assembly for an easy use.

And it is still not perfect...

At the origin, it is the "working man" I have download on Grabcab.

Thomas
Mechanical Designer / Inventor Professionnal 2023
Inventor Professional EESignature

Message 10 of 15
Frank-Oosterwaal

@-niels-, I didn't even think about using Realflow for grease!Smiley Embarassed I wonder if that'll work, but I'll give it a go for sure!!!

@Judith.Hageman, I'ts called Realflow. A very powerfull program to simulate fluids. It's not for calculations, only for graphics. Because allot of processes inside our loading arms are difficult to explain verbally but very easy explained by showing how it works my company is kind enough to buy the program and let me play with itSmiley Happy. Check it out here if you like.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 11 of 15
Jef_E

Too bad... better luck next time I hope 😄

Please kudo if this post was helpfull
Please accept as solution if your problem was solved

Inventor 2014 SP2
Message 12 of 15
Curtis_Waguespack

I never have cool renders to contribute, but today I have this. Happy Friday everybody!

@Mark.Lancaster  Smiley Tongue

Highlight.PNG

related link:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/sketched-symbols/m-p/6886089#M631577

Message 13 of 15

@Curtis_Waguespack

1000 kudos for that..  That's funny (and I guess I deserved it)..   Smiley Very Happy

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 14 of 15
Neil_Cross
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Message 15 of 15
mpatchus

Sorry for the late post.  Been battling the flu and have had very little computer time this last week.

Here's a small 44KV substation that I've been working on.

2709000 OVHD.png

2709000 View.png

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report