Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friday pictures 2-10-'17 - Valentine's edition

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
-niels-
1357 Views, 7 Replies

Friday pictures 2-10-'17 - Valentine's edition

A lovely Friday everyone!

It's time for the Valentine's edition, time to reveal what's in the box.

For those of you that re-visited the 3DS Max challenge i linked last week, i already posted my renders & animation there last Sunday.

Here are my images:

Valentine_2017_render1.jpgValentine_2017_render2.jpg

And this is the animation i submitted:

For today i also made a little bonus animation:

(rendered with the ART renderer in 3DS Max for a change.)

and you can find the model of the locket attached.

Enjoy Valentine on Tuesday and have a nice weekend!

P.S. There isn't a lot of competition yet on the 3DS Max challenge.

So if you used 3DS Max for a valentine render, join in and let the inventor users show those "Maxers" how to make a competition fun. Smiley Wink

P.P.S. If you have suggestions for a next themed edition, let me know.

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Frank-Oosterwaal
in reply to: -niels-

Hi everyone,

Here's my attempt on the valentines picture theme. As I don't have allot of time on my hands lately I thought I wouldn't be able to make anything. But since I love the themed Friday pictures (Although I have to admit Valentine is not really my cup of tea) I thought this morning, I'll give it a go!Smiley Happy Nothing fancy but the best I could do in a mornings time!

Although I'm not really happy with the end result it is partially build and rendered in Max so I'll post it in the Max forum too @-niels-!

Have a great weekend all!

01.jpg

For the ones interested in what I did:

Modeled two heart shapes in Inventor and brought them into Max. Used the cloth modifier (what a awesome feature is that!) to make the heart shape in the sheet. Put two smaller models of the same heart on top of the sheet. Used the other heart shape to fit around the sheet and exported that into Realflow. Filled the model with fluid and gave it a higher viscosity to match chocolate. Calculated a melt of the chocolate and exported it back into Max. Gave everything some random material, rendered and voila!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 8
Daniel248

I was inspired by @admaiora  - a very good demonstration of water surface rendering in Showcase:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLI1v-ryuEg

and

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/showcase-forum/ray-tracing-problem/td-p/4746115

So, I thought let’s try that in Inventor Studio.

Of course, I didn’t have the fbx mesh that was used there, so I had to do my own water surface mesh in Inventor.

I usually advise against using the ‘Self Illumination’ in material appearances used for normal rendering (of realistic Inventor models), but, on this occasion I've used that effect for creating this scene – after all, it’s for Valentine’s Day. A good excuse for an over-indulgence of reflections, refractions, colours and a bit of fantasy.

Valentine 1.jpg

And, if you wish to have a look at a short rendered Video clip on the same theme, click below to watch it on YouTube or A360:

https://youtu.be/q5Z2ol0lZ40

http://a360.co/2ljgVg1

Except for a few overlays (couple of kisses, adding text, some particles) and a sound track, all was done in Inventor Studio 2017.

Many thanks to Bud Schroeder and the developer Team, who have made great improvements recently to the way MP4 videos are shown/handled in the A360 Cloud - probably a better quality than that seen on YouTube, if you have a fast internet connection ;-)).

Have a good weekend and enjoy your Valentine's day!

Message 4 of 8
Judith.Hageman

Hi everyone,

Challenged by Frank (little time, and also not my theme) and Niels (very nice and beautiful animation. Love the pictures inside!), I decided this afternoon to go for it and make a valentine's picture today as well.

Just a simple setting. Box and heart designed in Inventor (much faster and easier), set-up and rendered in Max so I also will post it on the Max forum. Smiley Happy

The end result could be better but since it is called Friday pictures and not Sunday pictures it has to do for now.

Have a great weekend!!!

Valentijn-1.jpg

Message 5 of 8
Toms_Balodis

1_Shot10.jpg3_Shot3.jpg3_Shot9.jpg

Message 6 of 8
andrewdroth
in reply to: Toms_Balodis

STACK.png

Andrew Roth
rothmech.com

YouTube IconLinkedIn Icon

Message 7 of 8
Neil_Cross
in reply to: andrewdroth

But I love graphics cards

970.jpg

That's all Inventor, not Max.

Message 8 of 8
kpyoung333
in reply to: Neil_Cross

Valentine's Day wine for everybody!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report