Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friday pictures 1-22-'21

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
-niels-
632 Views, 5 Replies

Friday pictures 1-22-'21

Neutral_banner.png

So, Friday already... days are going fast this week. Hope you're all ready for some pictures!

Over the holidays i picked up a fun new hobby that has gotten me some very mixed reactions.

Ranging from "you know that's a children's toy, right?" to "Cool, how many tricks do you know?"

Still, i like it even though i'm not (yet, if ever) nearly as skilled as those youtubers teaching the tricks.

What am i talking about... well, this:

20210122_072403.jpg

Yoyo's!

They're fun to play with and i like the aesthetics of them, which inspired to create some myself... at least in Inventor and 3DS Max.

So expect to see more of these and tell me what you think of my design ideas.

My first one, dubbeb "7-Graves" for the 7 bumps on the inner side:

7-Graves Inventor Raytrace7-Graves Inventor Raytrace7-Graves 3DS Max render7-Graves 3DS Max render

Also, feel free to share what you're working on.

Have a nice weekend!

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Bill_Bogan2
in reply to: -niels-

Nice Niels!  I'd be dangerous with one of those nowadays.... 🤣

On another note, I want to raise a point here as I saw something today that gave me pause. 

In his post "Introducing New Industry Specific Resources for the Community" Chris B. provides a link "Visit the Gallery." I clicked the link, then, searched on Inventor. It's unfortunate that none of the great Friday Pics posted here show up there. No finger pointing, I'm as guilty of not posting in both places as anyone. I've never really paid attention to the gallery. However, I will change that starting now. I would encourage anyone posting here to consider doing the same. We have some great contributions here, and 22 posts in the gallery that don't come close. By comparison, Fusion has 500+. This is not meant to incite competition, rather, to simply point out under representation.

Fusion-Inv_Gallery.png

It would be interesting to see the hit count for the Gallery vs the Friday Pic's hit count. 

What do you think?

Bill Bogan
Principal Content Experience Designer
CXD
PDMS-DiD-Digital Manufacturing
Autodesk, Inc.
Tags (2)
Message 3 of 6
-niels-
in reply to: Bill_Bogan2

@Bill_Bogan2 i was aware of a gallery on the AREA side of the forums, this one seems different from that.

@CGBenner do you know how long this particular gallery has been available?

I could put my work on there, but most of my images would go under the 3DS Max category.

(except for my Inventor Raytraces, but i don't find those as impressive usually)

@Bill_Bogan2 wrote:

It would be interesting to see the hit count for the Gallery vs the Friday Pic's hit count. 

What do you think?

Yes, that would be an interesting little statistic. i know very little on statistics for the Friday pictures anyway, all i can see is views, replies and likes...

I do hope people still enjoy this topic, even if they don't reply.

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 4 of 6
tyas.swinnen

@-niels- wrote:

I do hope people still enjoy this topic, even if they don't reply.

We still do Niels, we still do...

Some of us have a big wall of NDA's between our work and the forum though. 🙄

Message 5 of 6
CGBenner

@-niels- @Bill_Bogan2 

I don't know how old this gallery is, but it's for everything and anything.  On the D&M Industry site, the link is to the gallery "pre-sorted" for D&M images.  I would feel free to show off anything you like in this gallery.

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 6 of 6
Bill_Bogan2
in reply to: CGBenner

Niels, Chris B, others,

I decided to do a little test last Friday and push some images to that gallery. The steps are:

1. Log into the gallery
  2. Create a project
  3. Upload images, ipts, whatever
  4. Submit for approval, I got an "Approved" response in email this (Monday) morning.
  5. Included in the confirmation is a link, here's mine,  Flower - mechanized
    1. Not sure what message you get if it isn't approved. 

The process "feels heavy/slow" for just showing images. E.g. you can submit a Friday pic and it posts at that time. In the gallery, it takes 24 hrs to see it. People can share models here too.

Like many customers, participation may be limited because of corporate intellectual property involved in a rendering. 

Bill Bogan
Principal Content Experience Designer
CXD
PDMS-DiD-Digital Manufacturing
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report