Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friday pictures 1-13-'17

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
-niels-
1169 Views, 6 Replies

Friday pictures 1-13-'17

A good Friday everyone!

Already time for the 2nd Friday pictures of the year and i managed to make something again.

Well... i continued on the spearhead model i did last week and added a shaft to it because @Neil_Cross called it a dagger...

(yup, you got to me Neil... Smiley Very Happy)

I did a "quick" render of it in 3DS Max's template studio environment, which does give a nice result but it does miss the atmosphere of my previous one.

Blood_Elf_Spear.jpgBlood_Elf_Spear_head.jpgBlood_Elf_Spear_shaft.jpg

The shape of the shaft was complex enough to not come through to max properly as a solid, so i imported it as a mesh but as a result i couldn't get the texturing completely how i wanted.

Still, this was a fun addition to make.

Enjoy the weekend!

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Frank-Oosterwaal
in reply to: -niels-

Hi everyone,

2nd week in the year 2017 and already so swamped at work that I don't really had any time to work on any complex models or renders. Did manage to make a quick render of a few junction boxes I had to use. Tried to make the junction boxes look "used" by adding scratch and fingerprint masks. Overdid it a little but still look pretty good.

@-niels-, I know what you mean with the texture, can be a huge pain! Still, very nice dagger  Smiley Wink spearhead model/ renders!

Enjoy the weekend all!

Junction box.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 7
Neil_Cross

Nice, it's a great day when ones complex shaft comes through ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Sorry Smiley Frustrated

Here's my GPU progress, there's now far too much detail in there to run a quick ray trace due to the number of fins in the heat sink.  But it's coming along nicely.

2017-01-13_12-20-09.jpg

Message 4 of 7
mpatchus

Had the chance to spend a little time working with the Inventor 2018 Beta this weekend and played around with the sheet metal & welding aspects.

Modeled this oil tank for my buddy's 57 Harley panhead.

Here are a couple quick ray traces.

'57 Panhead Horseshoe tank- 2018 Beta.png

'57 Panhead Horseshoe tank Rear - 2018 Beta.png

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 5 of 7
kpyoung333

MT2014render2.jpg

Super quick render through inventor, please implement using our own HDR image backgrounds! We have our own old warehouse I want to use. Tow safe! https://youtu.be/fWd8ml9mFMo

Message 6 of 7
-niels-
in reply to: kpyoung333

@kpyoung333 Great inventor raytrace!

That's quite some detail in the model, good material setup.

As for the custom HDR image, you might want to vote on this idea:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/scene-image-lighting-import-custom-hdr-enviroments/idi...

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 7 of 7
soggys3

UDS ARRANGEMENT INTAKE ISO-SHIM.jpgNo rendering, just a screenshot

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report