Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

freeform

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Toms_Balodis
537 Views, 10 Replies

freeform

freeform edge missbihaving vierd ways.2017-03-02 (1).png2017-03-02.png

Tags (1)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Toms_Balodis

Hi! This one does look like a defect. Either the process of converting Brep to Freeform malfunctions or the Freeform surface does not handle such edge properly. I will let the project team know and see what can be done.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 11
wilkhui

Thanks @johnsonshiue for passing this along.

Hi @Toms_Balodis - could you walk me through your steps? You imported "ASM Body" into Inventor and then...

I ask because I noticed a lot of sliver faces on "ASM Body", I think these are causing downstream problems. Slivers can be problematic because they are often unintentional and can result in unexpected failures. Have a look at pages 25 and 26 of this document for further reading: Get Smart with Autodesk Inventor Modeling.

Here are a few of the sliver faces I recorded in the two Screencasts below, you'll notice that some are so thin that they are almost invisible...if you get rid of these extremely thin faces then I'm sure things will behave a bit better.

Cheers,

Inderjeet

Inderjeet Singh Wilkhu
Product Owner - ASM
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 11
Toms_Balodis
in reply to: wilkhui

it seems that that was not the problem but multiple lines  5+ meet at one point file in attachment.

Message 5 of 11
Toms_Balodis

it seems that that was not the problem but multiple lines  5+ meet at one point file in attachment.

Message 6 of 11
wilkhui

Thanks Toms. How did you create this, can you record a Screencast of your steps?

Inderjeet Singh Wilkhu
Product Owner - ASM
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 11
Toms_Balodis

here you go

Message 8 of 11
wilkhui

Thanks for that, the video is helpful Smiley Happy

We're working on it, looks like it has been fixed on our internal build.

Inderjeet Singh Wilkhu
Product Owner - ASM
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 11
Toms_Balodis

would you be so kind and  reply on the topic when the update is ready and where to download it ?

Message 10 of 11
johnsonshiue

Hi! What Inventor release are you on? Are you a subscriber? If yes, you can access the subscription update through subscription center.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 11 of 11
Toms_Balodis
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Sadly no im sort of living on trial versions of inventor (2017 SP1) cause i am a freelancer in Latvia and my income is something in 500 Euro a month region and i cant afford subscription. but i hope my input at least helps some other paying user.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums