Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frame generator

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
david.wartaJA24W
237 Views, 5 Replies

Frame generator

I have a problem with adding a key to the library. The key is the inspection document according EN 10204.

It is added to the size in the frame generator.

Is it possible to select what is show in the frame generator properties panel? I would like to have a separate drop down for each key property in the library.

davidwartaJA24W_0-1722006006130.png

D.Warta
Van Halteren Technologies Boxtel B.V., Netherlands
Tags (1)
Labels (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi @david.wartaJA24W 

The dialog your seeing is part of the addin and isn't customizable unfortunately. What's the requirement for seperate keys? If your looking for something similar to CC functionality then you will need to use CC exclusively.

If this solved a problem, please click (accept) as solution.‌‌‌‌
Or if this helped you, please, click (like)‌‌
Regards
Alan
Message 3 of 6

For out of the box cc libraries it works fine. However when I want to add something which the user need to be able to select it doesn't work well. For example adding inspection document for the structural shape (EN 10204, there are several options, no inspection, 2.1, 2.2, 3.1, 3.2). I add a column to the family table and make it a key column so it is selectable. Now when I place from content center I can select the inspection document separately. Frame generator dialogue works different. It adds the key column to the size selection dropdown menu. Making in this case the list 5x as long/slower/harder to navigate. A separate dropdown for each key column would make selection a lot easier/faster similar to how the place from content center works.

I will also post this in the idea forum.

D.Warta
Message 4 of 6

I agree having a flat list can be slow to navigate especially when the designer is under presure to get something tangeable for review. Perhaps as a workaround you could add this detail with an ilogic script as a BOM post processing interaction as it doesn't physically effect the frames. As the members are all custom and writable you would just want to write the extra data to the members. The down side is the data might dissappear with changes to the members. 

With a script you can identify the family the member belongs to and to read any keys within the family. If you wanted to avoid the complexity of reading the family table you could just have read an iproperty out of the member and trigger a series of additional check boxes to add the extra info. 

If this solved a problem, please click (accept) as solution.‌‌‌‌
Or if this helped you, please, click (like)‌‌
Regards
Alan
Message 5 of 6

The same goes for adding materials to the content center family.

I do get multiple selections of the same size for different materials however without indication what material.

My content center table

davidwartaJA24W_0-1722256199825.png

See the frame generator behavior in the attached video when additional materials are added to the content center family table.

If I would have added all possible materials, then this menu would be very slow.

D.Warta
Message 6 of 6

Hello guys,

I see your request. I will let our Inventor functionality designer know. So far it is implemented this way in Frame Generator, means no way how to separate / add columns you need. Sorry.

Regards

Jan Priban

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report