Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frame generator commands don't recognise content center parts

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
359 Views, 3 Replies

Frame generator commands don't recognise content center parts

Hi,

i am new to inventor (2018), i'd like to ask if there's a way for frame generator commands (especially miter) to recognise a content center-placed part's (channel) frame profile?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
PaulMunford
in reply to: Anonymous

You can place any component that has been Authored as a Frame generator component in Content centre - using Frame generator (So - anything under the 'Structural shapes' category in content centre).

So you should be able to use Frame Generator to both place and mitre any content centre component. 

Does that help?

Autodesk Marketing Manager D&M
Opinions are my own and may not reflect those of my company.
Linkedin Twitter Instagram Facebook Pinterest

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: PaulMunford

thanks for your reply,

my situation is that i have placed the structural shape (channel) from content center (with "place from content center"), but i'd like to modify them with miter, but once i open the command, by selecting frame, it acts like there's nothing there (doesn'T recognise the frame shape of the channel)

Message 4 of 4
SBix26
in reply to: Anonymous

It's not a Frame Generator component if it wasn't placed with FG to begin with.  There is no way to convert non-FG components into FG components, as far as I know.  If you want to use FG tools, such as Miter, you have to start with a FG frame, even if it only contains one member.

Sam B

Inventor Professional 2018.2
Vault Workgroup 2018.0
Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit, SP1

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report