Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frame generator - adding parts and detailing

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mjc_design
383 Views, 2 Replies

Frame generator - adding parts and detailing

IV2019 User

If I create a frame using FG, and add some extra plates to the assembly - when I come to detailing, how do I get these parts to appear if I use the weldment workflow? Hopefully the below screen grab will help illustrate what I mean - I want to be able to detail the angle with the extra 3 plates that I added to the assembly.

frame1.JPG

Do I need to do something else, like create a LOD for this?

Matt

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
aurel_e
in reply to: mjc_design

1. Select that angle

2. Right click - Component - Demote FG component

3. Drag other parts to that new assy

It is not perfect but works.

Message 3 of 3
jtylerbc
in reply to: aurel_e

I think that @aurel_e's suggestion would technically work, but is overcomplicating it.  I would simply use View Representations and Visibility to turn off the items I don't want to show, leaving only the angle and the three plates showing.  

I would not suggest using Suppression and Levels of Detail for this.  Although they may look similar on the surface, the purpose of LOD's and View Representations are different.  The primary purpose of LOD's is to remove components from memory to save on computing resources.  If all you want is to control what is visible, not what is loaded into memory, then View Representations are more appropriate.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report