Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Font changes when printing

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
1825 Views, 12 Replies

Font changes when printing

I have searched this forum and others for the past few hours with no luck.

Inventor 2018, latest update, fresh install from scratch (SSD died and was unrecoverable)

Previously, whenever I would print, the result from the drawing to the page was WYSIWYG. All fonts and sizes matched, and were scaled appropriately.

Since the new install, anytime I go to print preview, the drawing is changing the letter spacing and font size to be unreadable, and definitely not scaled with the rest of the drawing.

I have looked through every setting in Windows and Inventor that I could find, and no luck there. I have attached screenshots of the before and after, as well as a copy of the .idw file.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi! Sorry for my poor memory, I could be wrong. I do recall seeing an issue like this. But, I remember it was already fixed in one of the 2018 updates. If possible, please install 2018.3 update followed by 2018.3.6 update.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: johnsonshiue

That was it, thank you very much for the reply.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous

I get this exact problem in 2020, is there a solution?

Message 5 of 13
Desmo1275

Myself and other users are currently experiencing this issue in Inventor Professional 2019.  Is anyone aware of a fix for this in 2019?  Printing from Inventor or Vault will show the font changes.  Saving out to AutoCAD is fine.  Any help is appreciated.

Message 6 of 13
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Desmo1275

Hi! It should work on 2018 and later. You might be seeing a different issue. It might be the same as INVGEN-28721, which has been fixed on the coming 2020.2 update. Once the update becomes available, please try it out.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 7 of 13
Desmo1275

Will the 2020 update fix a issue on 2019?  When is this update scheduled to be posted?

Message 8 of 13
johnsonshiue

Hi Guys,

I think I may have misunderstood the issue. I need to check with the project team and see where we are at. I will report the findings.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 9 of 13
rui_wang

Hello jhutchesonV8UT2, 

This is Rui from Autodesk Inventor team. Thanks for your posting. 

As it cannot be reproduced on my machines, did you still reproduce this issue? If yes, could you please let me know below information,

• OS Version
  • OS region
  • If possible, could you please help to record the recreated steps?

Here is my email, rui.wang@autodesk.com. Please reach me if you have any more information about this. Thanks a lot. 

Thanks,

-Rui

Message 10 of 13
rui_wang

Hello cestill,

Could you please help to attach some captures and drawing files for reproducing this issue? And please attached below information as well, 

• OS Version
  • OS region

Here is my email, rui.wang@autodesk.com. Please reach me if you have any more information about this. Thanks a lot. 

Thanks,

-Rui

Message 11 of 13
rui_wang

Hello Desmo1275,

Could you please help to attach some captures and drawing files for reproducing this issue? And please attached below information as well, 

• OS Version
  • OS region

Thanks,

-Rui

Message 12 of 13
johan.monnier

Same problem with Inventor 2022.

I had to use the "Inventor Reset Utility" to solve the issue (don't forget to save options and customisation before).

Edit : The problem come back one hour later...

Message 13 of 13

Hi Johan,

I am not aware of the issue. Based on the behaviors you described, it seems that resetting the Inventor settings back to install default helps. However, the setting does not seem to stick. This sounds like a user profile issue. Try running Inventor as Admin (right-click on Inventor desktop icon -> Properties -> Compatibility -> check "Run as Admin."

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report