Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flat pattern headaches 2019.3

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jletcher
219 Views, 3 Replies

Flat pattern headaches 2019.3

Change a hole and the flat pattern flips?

Change hole size.JPG

And when he goes and fixes the flat pattern then he has to fix all the dimension.

Change hole size 2.JPG

Why did you mess up the old way there was NEVER EVER an issue with flat patterns..

Every release there is more work and more problems..

Inventor is no longer productive..

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
johnsonshiue
in reply to: jletcher

Hi James,

How are you doing? I have seen this behavior before. I don't believe it is specific to 2019. This is about Flat Pattern orientation. The reason it flips is probably because the flat pattern orientation coordinate system was based a piece of geometry related to the hole. When the hole changes, the coordinate system changes.

Could you share the file to me directly (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)? I would like to take a look and confirm the behavior.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 4
jletcher
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Yes you have seen this before I have many post on this.

This started happening when you all decided to change what worked on how flat patterns are inserted into drawings.

The Flat Pattern orientation is on a edge I don't see how even changing a hole size would have something to do with this,  if it does this software just hit a new low.

This is where the Flat Pattern orientation is and the "X" holes went from .4375 to .453.

Change hole size 3.JPG

Maybe someday you all will start to listen... Inventor was fun now not so much.

Message 4 of 4
johnsonshiue
in reply to: jletcher

Hi James,

I do remember the issue. If possible, please send me the file exhibiting the behavior (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com). Something is wrong but I need to look into it.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report