Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flange not showing in flat pattern after unfold/refold

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jzcrouse
231 Views, 3 Replies

Flange not showing in flat pattern after unfold/refold

I have a sheet that is bent in the middle. I unfolded the part to put a flange on the bend. The flange in the unfold/refold isnt showing in the flat pattern. Is there a way to make the flange show in the flat pattern?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jhackney1972
in reply to: jzcrouse

I am really surprised that Inventor created this flange at all!  The flange is against the roll in the part so Inventor cannot figure out a flat pattern for it.  It would have to rip the flange into to make it and that is not possible.  The flange is a "deformed" sheet metal feature and Inventor cannot handle these types of features.  Again I am surprised Inventor created the flange at all, it should have failed when you did the last refold.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 4
TheCADWhisperer

I deleted the Flat Pattern and then recreated it just fine.

Opps, I guess not.

If there is any chance this is going to work - you will have to start with a Contour Roll.

Message 4 of 4
johnsonshiue

Hi Guys,

I am also surprised that the Face works in Unfold state. It should be blocked. Regardless, it works but flat pattern fails. This is a bug. Interestingly, Unfold and Refold work correctly. I am able to unfold all the bends and rolls.

I will work with the project team to understand it better and see what we can do.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report