Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fix loading 3DConnexion addin

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
pg.delest
180 Views, 3 Replies

Fix loading 3DConnexion addin

Hi everyone,

I faced an issue between Inventor 2024 and my 3D Mouse from 3DConnexion, I thought this might be helpful to some others

On Inventor 2024 (Build 153; Release 2024) and 3DxWare64 v10.8.20 I could not get the left and right button of 3D mouse working. If I clicked them I had the wheel displayed but when selecting an option nothing would happen, but the mouse worked fine on AutoCAD or other softwares so the issue might be with Inventor only.

If you have the same issue I'd recommend try this, it fixed my issues:

0 - Close Inventor if open.

1 - Look in Inventor Add-In Manager if you have the "3DxInventor" plugin, if not then the addin file might be missing in Inventor folder.

2 - Locate your 3dConnexion folder (default: C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\) and open 3DxInventor folder.

3 - Copy file "AddIn64.dll" to C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2024\Bin

4 - Copy file "3Dconnexion.Inventor64.addin" to C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2024\Bin\Addins

5 - Edit file C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2024\Bin\Addins\3Dconnexion.Inventor64.addin with a text editor (notepad).

By default description and assembly are not set, I guess they might be modified during installtion of 3DConnexion, but for some reason it did not work on my laptop on a fresh Windows 10 installation...

6 - Replace <Assembly/> by <Assembly>AddIn64.dll</Assembly> and save the file.

7 - Restart Inventor, go to Add-In manager, now the plugin shoud be in and loaded.

Cheers

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CGBenner
in reply to: pg.delest

@pg.delest 

Welcome to the Inventor forum.  Thank you for sharing your ideas on this topic, hopefully this will be very helpful to user who have a similar challenge.

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 3 of 4
gflessasP4B6Q
in reply to: pg.delest

Hello,

There is no "3DxInventor" folder in my "3DxWare" folder. Any idea on how to get it?

Thanks

Message 4 of 4
pg.delest
in reply to: gflessasP4B6Q

Hi,

I'm not an expert in 3DConnexion porduct but I'd say: 

a) you're running an older version with a different way to work and to put files...

or

b) when you installed 3DConnexion you did not check Inventor in the list, so at least I'd recommend re-installing 3DConnexion software (latest version) and make sure you install every plugin they provide (it's only ~500MB).

Cheers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report