Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to save c:\.....\Addins........

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
bengee5454
550 Views, 7 Replies

Failed to save c:\.....\Addins........

I'm getting the following message, and I'm not sure why!

Failed to save C:\Users\Bengee\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Inventor 2019\Addins\Autodesk.3DxInventor.Inventor.addin
Failed to save C:\Users\Bengee\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Inventor 2019\Addins\autodesk.studio.inventor.addin
Failed to save C:\Users\Bengee\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Inventor 2019\Addins\autodesk.bimexchange.inventor.addin
Failed to save C:\Users\Bengee\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Inventor 2019\Addins\autodesk.simulationstressanalysis.inventor.addin

Can anyone tell me why?!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: bengee5454

@bengee5454 

Sounds like you have a permission issue and Inventor 2019 is not properly registered.   Can you create your own files and folders in those areas?

Use the following steps to re-register Autodesk Inventor with your operating system:

1.  Exit Inventor if still running

2a.  Win 8/8.1/10: Select the Windows start button and type CMD (but do not hit an enter)

2b.  Win 7:  Select the Windows start button and type CMD in the search field (but do not hit an enter)

3.  When CMD or command prompt appears in the list, right mouse click and select run as admin

2017-10-12_8-33-26.jpg

4.  When the command prompt appears, navigate using dos commands to C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor <version>\Bin or where your Inventor.exe is located if you changed the default install location of Inventor.

In this example I'm navigated to my Inventor 2018 (exe) location.

2017-10-12_8-17-44.jpg

6.  Type Inventor.exe /install.  

2017-10-12_8-30-40.jpg

Wait a few mins and restart Inventor.   At this time you will not see anything occurring.  Don't panic.  Smiley Very Happy  However if you launch Windows task manager you can watch the Inventor.exe process (and see when it ends).

Does that resolve the issue?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 8
Frederick_Law

Are you installing Inventor?

If not, there is no reason to resave addin files.

Message 4 of 8
bengee5454
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Iinventor issue.png followed the steps. I opened Task Manager and in the Details tab, under UAC virtualisation (no idea what this means!), I was informed that Inventor.exe was not allowed; then a few seconds later I'm told that Inventor.exe is Disabled

Message 5 of 8
johnsonshiue

Hi! Like Mark said, this could be UAC related. Or, something was not installed properly or the setting was changed somehow. Try this. Go to All Programs -> Autodesk -> Inventor 2020 -> Tools -> Inventor Reset Utilities. Reset the setting back to install default. If it does not work, perform Repair Install process (Control Panel-> Inventor 2020 -> right-click on it -> Uninstall/Change -> Repair Install).

Please report back your findings.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 6 of 8
bengee5454
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Dont know if it matters, but I'm using IV2019. 

Is it OK to do the procedure you mentioned?

Message 7 of 8
johnsonshiue

Hi! Yes, it should be the same. You just need to find Inventor Reset Utilities in Inventor 2019 folder.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 8 of 8
bengee5454
in reply to: johnsonshiue

I forgot I even posted this!

I've finally worked through the procedure suggested. I've just tried to open a new file and I get no error! that said....I've only tried it once (don't want to go counting my chickens just yet!), but all appears fixed.

Thank you to all who gave their input.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report