Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting view representation in parent assembly still shows hidden parts

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
grahamcornwell
430 Views, 3 Replies

Exporting view representation in parent assembly still shows hidden parts

I am trying to export a specific View Representation of an assembly. The sub-assemblies within this are also set to specific View Representations, and this continues for another level or two.

I get everything looking correct in the parent assembly, however when I do a CAD export as .x_t Parasolid (.step also has same behavior, haven't checked others), parts that were hidden in the View Representation are still included in the export (they show up when I re-import the Parasolid into a new part to verify). 

FWIW I was able to work around this by setting up LoD views for each nested sub-assembly (suppressing parts instead of just turning off visibility in View Representations). However this doesn't seem like it should be necessary. Can anyone confirm whether it's possible to export what's 'on the screen' for a given View Representation or whether LoD states are necessary to actually hide nested sub-assemblies/parts in an export?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi! You mean you export an assembly as x_t and then re-import it as a multi-solidbody part? What about re-importing as an assembly? Please share the files here so forum experts can take a look and comment further.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 4

I have the same issue. It also include derive wire of an IPT I used for reference. There is no LoD in IPT so I dont know how not to include this part.

Message 4 of 4

Hi Jean,

If possible, please share an example that exhibits the behavior here or send it to me directly johnson.shiue@autodesk.com. I don't think the OP provided such info. I would like to understand the behavior better. It sounds like a corrupted Design View Rep.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report