Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export to Autocad Dwg with Shaded view

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Boopathi_Sivakumar
2092 Views, 5 Replies

Export to Autocad Dwg with Shaded view

Hello fellas,

Is it really not possible to export inventor dwg to Autocad dwg with the shaded colors.

look at the below examplep-1.JPG

i have drawing in Inventor for some reasons i need to use it in autocad when ever I try to export in Autocad it shows only the edges i understand the concept behind it

p-2.JPG

still everything in a single layer feels like really!!! needs some improvisation in this at least solid hatch would do a much relief. i know that no other software is capable of doing this shaded  views while exporting but in UG they have a feature While creating parts they are assigning it to layers so easily when ever they are exporting it into autocad edges comes with layers also with the colors when the modeled it.

Regards,
Boopathi

Boopathi Sivakumar
Sr Application Engineer
www.usamcadsoft.in
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mcgyvr
in reply to: Boopathi_Sivakumar

There is some ilogic code that can assign different color or whatever parts to different layers if thats what your goal is..

What is it you are actually trying to achieve? It seems like you want to have an autocad drawing with each part being a different layer or something.. Is that correct?

Maybe something like this..

http://modthemachine.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/10/changing-drawing-curves-to-match-assembly-color.h...

There are others too..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 6

The short answer is no you cannot export out a shaded view into Autocad.  What you can do if this helps is create a screen shot of the shaded view and save it as a .jpg file and import that into Autocad in your ACAD drawing.

Windows 10 x64 -16GB Ram
Intel i7-6700 @ 3.41ghz
nVidia GTS 250 - 1 GB
Inventor Pro 2018

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 6

Hi! Indeed, shaded views are not exported to DWG with the shades unfortunately. As a workaround, you could save it as PDF or DWF and then import it to AutoCAD.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 6

When you generate lines/arcs/etc. for AutoCAD there is literally nothing to shade - you're only defining edges.  Doing this as a "drawing" rather than a "model" means those lines are generated as "object line" "hidden line" and other generics rather than something specific to an individual object, with those generic properties determining which layer it goes on.

I suspect what you are looking for requires generating 3D solids for AutoCAD, from there you can use one of the shaded visual styles to show them in color either in model space or through a paper space viewport.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 6 of 6
Boopathi_Sivakumar
in reply to: mcgyvr

Thats a Great piece of work kudos

this is what exactly looking.

Thanks a lot

Regards,
Boopathi

Boopathi Sivakumar
Sr Application Engineer
www.usamcadsoft.in
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report