Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export inventor customized library from 2019 to 2020

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
victor.deeb
653 Views, 5 Replies

Export inventor customized library from 2019 to 2020

i have custom library in inventor 2019 and i want to copy them to Inventor 2020 since I have bought a new laptop.
please help me to transfer these customized library from 2019 laptop to the 2020 inventor on another laptop

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

@victor.deeb 

Welcome to the Autodesk User's Community..

Library in the sense of the library information per your active Inventor project file or library in the sense of a custom read/write content center library.

If the latter, just copy the .idcl library file to the location where your 2020 content center libraries exist..

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 6

Thank you for your swift reply

Which file or files shall I copy from 2019 to 2020 please?

WhatsApp Image 2019-09-02 at 3.36.40 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2019-09-02 at 3.36.45 PM.jpeg

Message 4 of 6

@victor.deeb 

Which one is your custom .idcl

I see alum extrusion and my library?

Also for the future (and FYI) use Windows snippet tools not your phone camera to take photos to share on the forum.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 6

Thank you again 

I have copied the aluminum profiles from old laptop to the new one but i am still unable to find it

please help me

LIB.JPGOther.JPG

Message 6 of 6
johnsonshiue
in reply to: victor.deeb

Hi! After you copy the custom CC library file over, you need to migrate it. Restart Inventor 2020 and go to Get Started -> Project -> Configure Content Center Library (the button on the right at the bottom) -> migrate the CC library.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report