Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Procession Mesh

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
armstrongheather
259 Views, 1 Reply

Error Procession Mesh

I have a model of a dust collector cyclone that I am running an FEA on.

I am looking at the effect of an applied internal pressure, then applying reinforcing to the model for it to withstand a given pressure.

The model by itself runs fine.

But when any reinforcing is added I get an 'Error processing the mesh' warning. no probe showing where the error actually is.

The reinforcing I am adding is steel angles, I am using frame generator to add them, this is how I always do it and have never had a problem before.

I have tried adding an angle as a part from content center, but still get the same error.

I have tried different size angles, changing local mesh settings, global mesh settings, closing and restarting the model, restarting inventor completely, and creating a whole new assembly. Nothing works.

I can not post the model here, it is confidential, and I am using Inventor Pro 2017

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
blair
in reply to: armstrongheather

Try increasing the Tolerance setting in the main settings. Without seeing the model, this may be the issue. The interaction of the angle and the curved inner surface gap is causing the issue.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report