Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error - Measure: Problems encountered while executing this command.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
gerrardhickson
504 Views, 2 Replies

Error - Measure: Problems encountered while executing this command.

Here's a new one. I've seen many problems with Inventor over the years, but this one makes me smile so I thought I'd take a moment to share.

The measurement tool (Inspect tab > Measure) did not produce meaningful results.

2019-06-24_10-06-17.png

Time for a re-start I think.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Quick follow up. This got a bit more interesting as I tried to track the problem. I had a master level assembly open in Express mode, and the sub-assembly from which I was trying to take measurements was open in a different window in Full mode. The two models (express mode sub-assy, and full mode sub-assy) were different. I've never seen the same model open in two windows be different before. 

I loaded the full mode for the master assembly, and the model updated, and problem went away. It suggests to me that the express mode version of a file is independent of the full mode version of a file (in memory at least).

No problems now, just thought I'd share my observations.

Message 3 of 3

Hi! Many thanks for sharing additional information! I guess the geometry in Express mode does not contain proper data to measure. Either the graphics is somewhat corrupted or outdated.  Could you share the files here? Try this and see if it helps. Load full and go to Manage -> Rebuild All. Save. Open the same assembly in Express. Then measure the same geometry. Does it work better now?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report