Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[dynamic simulation] - output grapher - adding custom measurement

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
d.owoc
716 Views, 3 Replies

[dynamic simulation] - output grapher - adding custom measurement

Hello,

I'm testing a Stewart Platform model using Inventor's dynamic simulation. I'd like to observe all 3 angles of the platform relative to base. Normally, during designing process, I did it using measure tool, but now I'd like to automate it so I can test my construction comprehensively. Is it possible to add it to the output grapher so I can test it in dynamic simulation environment and see how it changes on graph? I searched for any similar problem but I hadn't found anything really.

Thank you for your help.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jan_priban1
in reply to: d.owoc

Hello,

not sure if I understand exactly what you asking for, but you can trace just points (trace points) = calculates its position/velocity in time/position. But there is possibility to define equation, so you can define equation for angle you are looking for. See please the attached image

Regards

Jan Priban

Calculation angle of rotating BEAM  125Calculation angle of rotating BEAM 125

Message 3 of 4
jan_priban1
in reply to: jan_priban1

Additional idea,

if your mechanism has 1 degree of freedom then define one parameter, create an macro increasing/decreasing this parameter and let angle you interesting in being written/recorded (txt file ...)

In case of DOF = 2 change by macro 2 parameters and so on ...

Jan Priban

Message 4 of 4
d.owoc
in reply to: jan_priban1

Excellent! This is a solution I was looking for. I will trace coordinates of all 4 platform's vertexes and I suppose I can calculate the platform's three angles relative to the base using these coordinates. Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards,

Dawid

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report