Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drive the perimeter of electric tracks on PCB

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
136 Views, 2 Replies

Drive the perimeter of electric tracks on PCB

Hello there, 

I do have a question for you guys. 

For my job, I have to design a PCB on INVENTOR. On this PCB, I have several electric tracks to design. Each track has a designated point of start, and a designated point of end. Those points are blocked.

To make sure those tracks are impedance matched, I have to ensure that they have the same total length. Hence, I have to find the best geometry with those constraints. Is there a way to find the best solution on INVENTOR?

I tried to do it with the tool "spline" but it wasn't possible to equalize (drive?) the perimeter of those splines... 

Thanks for the help, have a nice day!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

Why aren't you doing this design in a proper PCB design/layout package?.. They have these tools built in..

Inventor is not the tool at all to do trace layout in...

Only the mechanical size/component clearance,etc... 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: mcgyvr

Hello,T

Thanks for answering.

To be honest, that's not my call. We don't have much softwares here, and I have to use INVENTOR for the geometrical side. 

Besides, it doesn't actually matter if it's a PCB or not. My issue is not directly related to PCB. I just want to know if INVENTOR is able to satisfy this kind of issue. 

Is there a way to drive a spline by its total length? I have 4 splines to trace, they must have the same total length. The only degree of freedom that I have is the path those splines will take, from a point A to a point B... 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report