Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing template

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
btsmithAGKLU
398 Views, 11 Replies

Drawing template

Hi everyone i was wondering where or how i could get a tolerance table to add for my drawings? I wasn't sure if there is a plug in i can go to or if there was a better way to do it?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
mcgyvr
in reply to: btsmithAGKLU

Well.. everyones definition of a tolerance table may be different..

One can create a generic table and type in static information and include it as part of the title block or a sketched symbol or whatever..

But is that what you want?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 12
btsmithAGKLU
in reply to: mcgyvr

well i just wasn't sure what the best way to do it was. I didn't wanna have to go through all of the drawings to add it to each page and such.

Message 4 of 12
btsmithAGKLU

Is there a way to make this table to bring it into each title block that can be edited?

Message 5 of 12
mcgyvr

@btsmithAGKLU wrote:

Is there a way to make this table to bring it into each title block that can be edited?

Drawing resource transfer wizard can be used to bulk push newly changed titleblocks,etc.. into existing drawings..

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2016...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous

We have different tolerance tables depending on the customer.
We use sketched symbols and include them in our templates and the symbol library so they are available when needed.
Message 7 of 12
btsmithAGKLU
in reply to: Anonymous

As of now I've been adding them into my drawings all by hand. Luckily i'm not very far into the drawings, so i can do it by hand at each one. The image below is the table they have me using.

Message 8 of 12
mcgyvr

@btsmithAGKLU wrote:

As of now I've been adding them into my drawings all by hand. Luckily i'm not very far into the drawings, so i can do it by hand at each one. The image below is the table they have me using.

Should be easy..

Open your drawing template.. Add that table to the titleblock or sketched symbol (whatever makes more sense for you).. Then use DRTW (link posted above) to transfer that into your existing drawings..

Message 9 of 12
btsmithAGKLU

That is just a sample however it needs to be edited to our standards. So to do that would i go into a template drawing that i open for every drawings, add the table to the drawing then use that link you posted?

Message 10 of 12
btsmithAGKLU

Ok so i tried it out and it worked great. Now if i do that to all of my drawings will i lose information like dates that are in the title blocks?

Message 11 of 12
mcgyvr

@btsmithAGKLU wrote:

Ok so i tried it out and it worked great. Now if i do that to all of my drawings will i lose information like dates that are in the title blocks?

You should not..

Try one first before doing all and then check it but I suspect you won't have any issues..

Message 12 of 12
btsmithAGKLU

It worked no issues with dates. Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report