Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing of Presentation Colors all Wrong

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1158 Views, 6 Replies

Drawing of Presentation Colors all Wrong

Good day

Sometimes when I make a drawing (idw) from a presentation file (ipn) the colors of the parts are all wrong.

For the presenstation I use Master Design View Representation and for the drawing  I make the view Assosiative.

I've tested all the colors by putting the assembly (aim) in Master View, but these colors are not presented in the drawing.  See attachements.

Kind regards,

Carlo

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Daniel248
in reply to: Anonymous

Try this:

Remove all appearance overrides from the assembly, and set the right colors at part level (not by over-riding the colours at assembly level).

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Daniel248

Thank you for the feedback Daniel.  I have checked the overrides before - there are none in any of the assemblies or subassemblies.  See attached screenshots.

I have also checked this by putting all the aasemblies in Master View mode - in the ipt/iam files the colors are perfect.  In the idw they are not.

I've only ever got this problem then making a drawing from a presentation.  Never when making a drawing from a part/assy directly.

Message 4 of 7
Daniel248

I see, you probably have a multy-body part...

Width IDWs of IPNs, sometimes by unticking the associativity box in the IDW, saving, then opening the IDW and re-ticking the associativity, I've been succesful in forcing a colour refresh of shaded views in IDWs.

Other than that, I cannot think of anything else at the momement, without having the model.

Post a ZIP of your multybody (ipt) here, if you can. 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Yes, I have multiple bodies.

I have tried what you suggested, but it did not work.  I do think you're on the right track though, because I have been able to sometimes fix this by opening the assembly, highlighting the troubled part, while then removing and adding associativity in the drawing.

Unfortunately this does not always work and becomes virtually impossible when you have 100s of bodies.

I have uploaded a simplified version of the part, assemblies, presentation and drawing here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4spkp75922tts69/AABD7olTUMWsbXhgSnkUjWFNa?dl=0

You will see the color differences in the drawing.

Thanks!

Message 6 of 7
Daniel248

Thanks for posting the data, Carlo.

I’ve created a new drawing based on a new IPN of your assembly. In this new drawing, the colours do come thru correctly (as per your multibody part) now, and they should update when you change the body colour in the multybody IPT. You can download this dataset (2015 format) from here:

http://a360.co/1RB7Nh5

You’ll see that I’ve also created a new design view representation in the assembly and locked it. When creating the IPN, I’ve selected that one, and made the view associative in the IDW.

If appearance in drawings (shaded views) and IPNs is very important to you, consider restructuring your assemblies and avoid multy-body parts, which can be a bit of a hit-and-miss when appearance is concerned. 

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Thank you for the reply Daniel! 

I've also seen in the past that creating a new ipn sometimes fixes the problem.  Unfortunately this is not an option for me since it takes a very long time to create these presentations - and even then it is not guaranteed that the problem wont persist.

Could you figure out if there is anything I'm going wrong in the files or are this issue just a bug in inventor?

Also, do you know of a way (even low level or scripted) that I can use to force a refresh of the colors in a drawing?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report