Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display As Expression

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
vmontefusco
329 Views, 5 Replies

Display As Expression

Greetings

In sketch and assembly modes, I'd like to set my default to "Display As Expression". Is there an easy way to do this?

Process:

>Tools

>Document Settings

>Units

>Display as expression

Thank you

Vince

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
SBix26
in reply to: vmontefusco

Yes, very simple-- make that setting change in your part and assembly templates.

Sam B
Inventor Pro 2019.0.0 | Windows 7 SP1
LinkedIn

Message 3 of 6
johnsonshiue

Hi Vince,

This can be done easily by making the change in the template files. Go to your default template folder (C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2018\Templates\) and find the ipt template file. Open it and make the change and save.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 6
vmontefusco
in reply to: johnsonshiue

I seem to be having an issue with opening - see attached. Is there another way to access this? 

Thanks

Vince

Message 5 of 6
SBix26

As with any Inventor files, it's much better to open them from within the program.  You may want to create a project file (.ipj) in the templates folder and switch to that project, then open the templates for editing.  But open Inventor first, then open the files.

Sam B
Inventor Pro 2019.0.0 | Windows 7 SP1
LinkedIn

Message 6 of 6
vmontefusco
in reply to: SBix26

Thank you all for your assistance.

I am a simple designer and fabricator in the film & TV industry x 45 years. You are obviously technically light-years ahead of me and since I can't figure out how to change a Template ipt default to "Display as Expression" without getting a dialog message box telling me there is a problem when trying to change the Template ipt, I've contacted Autodesk directly to assist me.

Again thanks for your assistance!

Vince

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report