Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappearing definition sketch on section view in an Inventor Pro. 2020.1 .dwg drawing.

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Powerman2000
328 Views, 6 Replies

Disappearing definition sketch on section view in an Inventor Pro. 2020.1 .dwg drawing.

Hi.

I have an issue that while working to create a Inventor drawing, working with Inv. Pro. 2020.1, I experience that the section view position definitions is disappearing during drawing creation, ref. picture 1 & 2. The actual section views is still in place on the different sheets in the drawing, it is just the position definitions (A, B, C and D) on the "mother" view that disappear (the sketch for the section view is still in place and showing in the browser).

The workflow is that I started a new drawing template, I positioned out the main mother view on the drawing sheet 1. Further I put on several section view on the mother view. The section views is moved to sheet 2 and 3. I further continuing detailing the views on sheet 2 and 3. When I then went back to sheet 1, I experienced that the section view position definitions was missing, still all section views still was in place on sheet 2 and 3.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
SBix26
in reply to: Powerman2000

If anyone wants to try to reproduce your results, they will need to have some files to work with and to know what version of Inventor you're using.

Sam B

Inventor Pro 2022.2 | Windows 10 Home 21H2
autodesk-expert-elite-member-logo-1line-rgb-black.png

Message 3 of 7

You're not describing how you did "create an Inventor drawing". Are you copying the views onto a new file/document altogether, or do your sketch lines (created when you set the section view) get deleted right after placement in a new drawing made from scratch? What is your workflow? Any samples you can share?

A similar issue has been fixed in the 2019.2 update, so, knowing your software version matters too:
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/inventor-2019-sketches-disappearing-from-drawing-when-...
Message 4 of 7
Powerman2000
in reply to: SBix26

Hi.

Thanks for feedback.

I have now updated my case with more details.

Related to files, I have fixed my drawing and it works fine now, but do you still think it would be useful to share a file package including the drawing and part/assembly files?

Message 5 of 7

Hi.

Thanks for feedback.

I have now updated my case with more details.

Related to files, I have fixed my drawing and it works fine now, but do you think it would be useful to share a file package including the drawing and part/assembly files?

Message 6 of 7
SBix26
in reply to: Powerman2000

If you've fixed it, then I don't think we need to pursue it further.  I note, though, that you are using a pretty far outdated version of Inventor 2020.  You need to apply update 2020.4, followed by update 2020.4.3.

Sam B

Inventor Pro 2022.2 | Windows 10 Home 21H2
autodesk-expert-elite-member-logo-1line-rgb-black.png

Message 7 of 7
Powerman2000
in reply to: SBix26

Hi.

Thanks for feedback.

I agree that it would be useful to update to service pack 4.3 and then monitor if the issue happens again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report