Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DETAIL VIEW GRAPHICS ISSUE

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
phillip.shields
824 Views, 11 Replies

DETAIL VIEW GRAPHICS ISSUE

When creating detail views that are cropped a certain way we lost parts in the views. See video attachment

for an example of the problem

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

@phillip.shields 

Hey Phil,

I posted the same issue earlier, see link:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/detail-view-dropping-line-on-update-bug/td-p/7373980

Let's see if @johnsonshiue has a moment to look at this.

If anyone else is familiar with this issue we'd still like to learn more about it.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 12

Hi Phillip and Curtis,

I have replied to Curtis' thread. I am copying the same reply here. The behavior does not look right. Either the body geometry is bad or the body is surrounded by other bad bodies or there is an interference. Could you open the assembly and run Interference Analysis on the components of interest?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 12

I ran the interference analysis. The parts still won't show up in the drawing detail.

Message 5 of 12
mcgyvr
in reply to: phillip.shields

@phillip.shields @Curtis_Waguespack

Pack and go.. email to Johnson... Smiley Wink 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 6 of 12
Curtis_Waguespack
in reply to: mcgyvr

@mcgyvr

I started to send the files to johnsonshiue last week, but I we were able to confirm that his hunch that the body geometry was bad, by doing a save copy as of the file in question (the muffler part) and then doing a component > replace on that part with the new copy. 

When we replaced the part with a copy of itself in the assembly, the drawing detail view began to work as expected. So I marked the other thread as solved with this explanation as it seems to prove out that the issue was specific to that one part file.

@phillip.shields I think Cris was going to update the file with the copy in the library/CC to fix the errant body geometry and resolve this issue for future work, but you might touch base with him on that.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 7 of 12

I did the save as and then replace but when I open the drawing it still has the detail view issue. Maybe you could make a video showing me what you did? Also, what makes a geometry "bad"?

Message 8 of 12

Hi Phillip,

You mentioned that you ran Interference Analysis. Were there components interfering with each other? If yes, have you made necessary edit so they no longer interfere?

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 9 of 12

Yes, particularly the muffler which is the part in question. I actually put gaps on either side of the flange to ensure there were no interferences...still no luck. I have the pack and go of the assembly if you still need it but it sounds like you and @Curtis_Waguespack went through this exercise. I tried to repeat the process he had mentioned with no success.

Message 10 of 12

Hi Phillip,

If possible, please share the files with me (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com). I would like to understand the behavior better.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 11 of 12

@Cris_Davis came by and showed me his trick for fixing it. He rolled the end of part feature to the top(no features in part file) then he rolled the EOP to the bottom again sort of a bootleg rebuild and it worked. Since the part has been rebuilt I can't reproduce the error again. When this happens again I'll pack it up and send it to you. Strange solution to a strange problem.

Message 12 of 12

@phillip.shields wrote:

@Cris_Davis came by and showed me his trick for fixing it. He rolled the end of part feature to the top(no features in part file) then he rolled the EOP to the bottom again sort of a bootleg rebuild and it worked. Since the part has been rebuilt I can't reproduce the error again. 

@phillip.shields,

Ahh good point. In doing the "save copy as", and replace, I think the part was getting rebuilt as it saved, and migrated (that file was created and last saved with 2015 SP1 (Build 190203100, 203)).

When I attempted to do it again today, I couldn't get it to force the "rebuild" during the save. Not sure why?, but I wasn't testing 1 to 1 today, since I was in the middle of something else and using a different project with different library paths, etc.

In any case, it pointed to an issue with that specific part file, and that the body geometry was bad as johnsonshiue suggested. If I had to guess it would be related to the feature Thread1 being suppressed, but that's only a guess. 

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report