Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete Vertex from Leader?

18 REPLIES 18
Message 1 of 19
Anonymous
4594 Views, 18 Replies

Delete Vertex from Leader?

I can add a new Vertex point in a Leader, but how can I delete one if I add
too many?
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

RIght mouse click on the leader...
Select "delete leader", then select the extra one that you want to delete.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 19
moretti999

Essentially, you delete the extra segment. So, please, discretely select rather the line than the node.
I hope it helps...
AM
Message 4 of 19
Anonymous

I am not talking about deleting a second leader, but rather a vertex on the
leader.

wrote in message news:5894346@discussion.autodesk.com...
RIght mouse click on the leader...
Select "delete leader", then select the extra one that you want to delete.
Message 5 of 19
CAD-One

I know this an old thread. I am seeing this issue with leaders even now. I have added couple of vertex. In general leader has a pointing arrow and a bent segment for showing text. But I have 3 bent segments and then the text. I want to remove these extra segments only. Just curious if there was any improvement to the leader.

I have already fixed this by recreating the leader text with 1 segment.

Thanks

C1

C1
Inventor Professional 2020
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD 2020
Message 6 of 19
SBix26
in reply to: CAD-One

There should be a Delete Vertex option in the context menu, but there isn't.  I just tried something that seemed to partially work, which was to drag one vertex on top of an adjacent one.  After doing that, they apparently merged and became one.  But I was not able to do that with the vertex at the text leader, so I'm always left with one extra vertex, but only one.

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
in reply to: SBix26

Drag the last unwanted vertex to the tip of the arrowhead.  Annoying and completely unintuitive but it works.

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous

Dragging the unwanted vertex to the arrowhead works..this is one of those secret that only the developer knows about..this issue was posted back in 2011 and still an issue today 2017.  I wish they would add delete vertex command

Message 9 of 19
ToddPig

Can somebody post a screencast of this "trick" working.  I have always thought this was a pain in the ass, and for the most part I usually end up taking the Autodesk approach to solving the problem, "Delete it and start over"  

When I tried to move the unwanted vertex to the arrow head, it looked OK, until I needed to move the text around, then the arrowhead looks wrong.

Inventor 2018
(23+ years of Solidworks, 5+ years of fighting Inventor)
Autodesk Vault Pro 2018
iParts = iHeadache
Message 10 of 19
Anonymous
in reply to: ToddPig

I don't know how to make a video if I know I would post it here but its pretty simple, just drag the vertex that you want to delete to the arrowhead..

delete vertex.PNG

Message 11 of 19
ToddPig

That worked!!! Thanks!!!
I wasn't dragging all the way to the tip of the arrowhead.
Inventor 2018
(23+ years of Solidworks, 5+ years of fighting Inventor)
Autodesk Vault Pro 2018
iParts = iHeadache
Message 12 of 19
CrankyOldMan
in reply to: ToddPig

Multiple leader fix.png

This also works for multiple arrow leaders with extra segments between the arrow connections and the text. As stated above, there is no indication that this will do anything--no tooltip snap, no cursor change, nothing. Having a "remove segment" option in the right click menu would be helpful since "remove vertex" doesn't make sense here.

Message 13 of 19

Dragging the offending vertex to the arrow nor the other end does not work.  Putting one vertex on top of another does not make a vertex deleted.......

Message 14 of 19

@rpeterson9DZ38 wrote:

Dragging the offending vertex to the arrow nor the other end does not work.  Putting one vertex on top of another does not make a vertex deleted.......

Hi @rpeterson9DZ38 

Both of these things worked for me using Inventor 2020, so I don't think there has been a change to this.

Note I did have to zoom in tight on the arrow head to get that to work....  and it does not work with the standard vertex on the "landing leg" of the leader.... only on "extra" vertexes, as far as I could tell.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 15 of 19
iMaJiNe_Designs

Still a problem in 2022.

Message 16 of 19
stephane.fillion

Right click on the leader

add new leader

then delete the one that you don't need

SF

Message 17 of 19

I was also looking for 'Delete Vertex from Leader' and very surprised with the solution.
I'm using 2022 and it works great there.
Simply drag the first or last vertex to a leader connection point or the arrowhead and they disappear.
Note that a vertex in the middle of other vertexes does not work, as said, you must have the first or last Vertex, I say nothing wrong with that.

@Curtis_Waguespack
Looks like it has indeed been addressed, I also have no problems with twisting arrow heads after a vertex has been removed.

@Anonymous & @stephane.fillion
Did you read the post carefully?
It works fine here, if you want a video, let me know.

Possible point of criticism:
As far as I can see this is not in the IV Help.

According to the IV Help for a Weld annotation there would be an option Delete Vertex, in my case I don't see this option but the method described earlier works just fine here. Either it has to do with settings on my system (Styles etc.) or the IV Help mentions something that doesn't exist.

For a Detail View Connection Line, the option would be there, and sure enough, there is.

Maybe I'm not looking hard enough otherwise I say change your IV Help and totally fine.

Message 18 of 19

The way I've always done it with leader/text is RMB on the leader and 'delete'.

Then RMB on the text and 'add vertex'.

It's a PITA, but it works.

... Chris
Win 7 Pro 64 bit + IV 2010 Suite
ASUS X79 Deluxe
Intel i7 3820 4.4 O/C
64 Gig ADATA RAM
Nvidia Quadro M5000 8 Gig
3d Connexion Space Navigator
Message 19 of 19
johnmondro4888

@Anonymous I know this is an old thread but THANK YOU! So many little unintuitive little "features" hidden in the software.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report