Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Drawing View Label customization

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
8304 Views, 10 Replies

Default Drawing View Label customization

I can't seem to find a place to customize the view labels (base and projected views) so that the text is left justified, top line is 3/16" underlined and bold, bottom line is 3/32" bold (no underline) - this is per my company's AutoCAD standards, and I try to match my inventor drawings as close as possible to them.

I suspect I could change my "Title Text" style and have that roll through all the text in the label, but the problem is I am mixing sizes and underlining throughout the label, so one style does not fit all.

I'd love for this to be saved with my styles/standards in my template, but I see no evidence of this being possible. It's a real pain changing every view label.

My current workaround is creating a sketch symbol with prompted entries - but I'd rather use the built-in labeling system that automatically populates the scale.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

I think you are looking for this in your drawing or drawing template (styles)...

4-24-2017 3-04-36 PM.jpg

Update:  But you are limited in what "text" operations you can do.. 

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Looks like that solves everything except the left alignment. For some reason the alignment is grayed out, and even though my Title Text style shows left align, it doesn't roll through to the view label. I'm not sure how to fix that.

I spent quite a while digging through the style editor, but never thought to expand on the top level "Standard"...I was looking through "View Annotation" and "Text". That's not very intuitive to look there!

Message 4 of 11
mcgyvr

You need to make a "left aligned" text style and assign that to the view/scale label object on the object defaults tab..

That should do it..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: mcgyvr

I haven't tried that yet, but using that logic, shouldn't setting the justification in my default Title Text style have the same effect? (I can see it's already referring to this style). It's already set as left align.

Message 6 of 11
mcgyvr

@Anonymous wrote:

I haven't tried that yet, but using that logic, shouldn't setting the justification in my default Title Text style have the same effect? (I can see it's already referring to this style). It's already set as left align.

It does but I think it won't update on existing view labels and only newly placed ones or something like that..

So change it then place a base view and it should be left justified now.. (works for me)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

Just tried to make a new style (copied my Title style, which already was set as left justify) and set it as the View/scale default. It didn't work, even with a new sheet and new base view.

It may be worth mentioning I am using 2016 Pro.

Message 8 of 11
mcgyvr

@Anonymous wrote:

Just tried to make a new style (copied my Title style, which already was set as left justify) and set it as the View/scale default. It didn't work, even with a new sheet and new base view.

It may be worth mentioning I am using 2016 Pro.

2016 may be the issue I suppose.. 

I don't have 2016 installed anymore so I can't check..

Message 9 of 11
jeffsteiger6735

Unchecking the "justify text to leader" in the styles editor might be of some help also.

I have a personal vendetta against right justification, and the default should always be LEFT.

Inventor Professional 2020
HP Z440, Xeon E5-1650 @ 3.6GHz
32GB Ram
GTX 1080
Windows 10
Message 10 of 11
rhasell

Hi

As Mark has mentioned, the template change works.

See link to get iLogic code to change the labels on the existing drawings.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/view-label-default-position-orientation/m-p/4938600/hi...

Reg
Please Accept as a solution / Kudos
Message 11 of 11
itsme.mozzarella

Would be so much easier (and logical) to have all these settings in the Object Defaults list (even if it were just a link that sends you to the right location in the Style and Standard Editor or maybe an option in the context menu that sends you to the right place to begin editing the style of an object)... I had the same problem as the OP and it took me a good 15 minutes of searching and trial and error before I found out where to change View settings 😕

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report