Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cylindrical joint dynamic simulation

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1700 Views, 3 Replies

cylindrical joint dynamic simulation

Hello. I use inventor 2015 student version and i want to create a cylindrical joint in dynamic simulation. I constrained the cylinder to the hole in assembly using mate and flush. but when i enter in dynamic simulation it doesn't convert automatical into cylindrical joint. But if i delete the flush and remains only the mate constraint between the two axes it convert it into cylindrical joint. the problem is that the cylinder can slide inside the hole and i don't want this.

how should i do that? and other problem is that i do not find all de dynamic joints. in the menu with standard joints is only a spatial joint. there is no cylindrical joint.

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

1. ....mate constraint between the two axes it convert it into cylindrical joint. the problem is that the cylinder can slide inside the hole and i don't want this.

2. ... and other problem is that i do not find all de dynamic joints. in the menu with standard joints is only a spatial joint. there is no cylindrical joint.

What book are you using to learn Dynamic Simulation?

Why did you attach pretty pictures rather than your actual assembly?

1. A Cylindrical Joint has 2 Degrees of freedom - one rotational (which I think you want) and one translational (which it sounds like you don't want.

The Dynamic Simulation Joint with only a Rotational degree of Freedom is a Revolution Joint, not a Cylindrical Joint.

2. When you use Automatic conversion of Assembly Constraints to Dynamic Simulation Joints - the joint types that would autmatically be converted will not be shown in the list of available joints.  Turn off automatic conversion to get manual access to all joint types.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 4
JDMather

@Anonymous wrote:

... I constrained the cylinder to the hole in assembly using mate and flush. .....

In your pretty pictures - you don't show these assembly constraints, what you do show is Insert constraint.

My guess is that you simply needed to right click and select Retain Degrees of Freedom in the Dynamic Simulation environment.

But since your word description doesn't match your screen capture image, and since you didn't attach actual Inventor assembly....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 4 of 4
JDMather

I just did a search and found that you never answered my questions in a previous post almost exactly 1 year ago?

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-general-discussion/simulation-error/m-p/5047400#M509342

The problems you describe in that thread from a year ago (and solutions) are identical to this thread.

Is this a new assembly or the same one referenced in that thread?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report