Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cut Bill Parts List

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
zokodd87
268 Views, 2 Replies

Cut Bill Parts List

I am trying to make a parts list that will show a weldment as a single item number with piece marks underneath it. For instance if i had an item made up of a couple different plates, I want it to show the whole item as a single item mumber, and the plates used to construct it, underneath it as piece marks. Is this possible?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: zokodd87

Zokodd87

Welcome to the forum..

Most likely your weldment assembly is listed as a inseperable BOM structure.  If you make your components underneath it purchased then they will show up in your BOM.  There's a couple of ways of doing it...  Review this info: http://synergiscadblog.com/2015/02/06/inventor-bill-of-materials-structures/

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 3
zokodd87
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

This is what I am trying to achieve, without inserting a custom row into the parts list.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report