Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

custom views in ipt file

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
bsquared111
311 Views, 2 Replies

custom views in ipt file

Trying to create a custom view that looks something like this: 

tempp.PNG

I want it to be at an exact angle relative to another view as my objective is to make a model which I'm using for labelling certain geometric dimensions (length, shell thickness).  

I'm planning on doing this for many shells that look like this, and so I'm wondering if there's a way to specify a view that is at an angle to, say, the bottom of the view cube so it's standard across all my pictures.

Any thoughts? 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hello -

One way to achieve a specific view angle is to define a work plane and use View > Look At to rotate the view.

For your example try using the "Angle to Plane Around Edge" work plane construction, select the origin X-axis and the origin XZ-plane and specify -15deg rotation.

You can add a Design View (View > New in the browser) with that view set and save it as a custom template (File > Save As > Save Copy As Template).

Hope that helps!

T.0.M.

Tom Sturtevant
Inventor Part Modeling Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3

Hi Tom,

The rotated plane idea is perfect!  Should have thought of doing it just purely geometrically haha.

Thanks for this simple solution 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report