Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Table(s) to Select From and Use Based on Classification of Part Used in Assembly

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
cschroer22M64
176 Views, 1 Reply

Custom Table(s) to Select From and Use Based on Classification of Part Used in Assembly

Good Afternoon, I have a doozy for everyone today. I have something in the works but is not fully complete and am at a standstill. I want to see if I am on the right track or if I am going about this the hard way.

Lets say we make a bolted assembly in Inventor '22. This assembly involves a couple of custom made parts, a weldment assembly, a purchased part imported from a STP file, and come content center bolts/washers to bring it all together. In the drawing used for this, I was wondering if there was a way to split the parts list into multiple tables for organizational purposes, so all like components are in their own table. This way, purchasing, FAB/assembly, and whoever else can look for their important parts (purchasing -> purchased parts, assembly crew -> bolts, etc.) and find all of it accounted for in one location. I found I can do this via manually organizing the BOM, then re-numbering, then re-ordering, then re-splitting the tables, and re-applying titles and labels. This is a long process in itself. This leads me to what my goal for this is:

I am looking for a way to have a selection of custom tables to choose from (one for my company's custom parts/weldments, one for purchased parts, and one for hardware) and put them into the drawing at will. These tables should pull data from the iProperties dictating what category it falls in (for now, I made a custom iProperty that references a form selecting what category the should belong in). These tables should also have a continuous item number scheme for ballooning/calling out items. 

Is this possible?

Currently I was able to make this come semi-true for a test assembly I was working with. I was able to dictate categories of custom made parts and assemblies (as I said before), but I am getting help up with imported parts and content center parts. Through this form, I can sort the existing parts list fairly easily, and split the table where I see fit.

Ideally, I would like the ability to grab the Hardware table and the Manufactured Parts table and sort out my items out like that, but I am at a loss as to how to do this at the moment. Let me know if you have any questions or need me to clarify anything. Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi! Based on my understanding of your requirement, I believe iLogic should be able to help here. Please share your attempt. The forum experts and I can help take a look to understand the request better.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report