Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating hyperlink in drawings to locate a view

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
m.joudivand
722 Views, 7 Replies

Creating hyperlink in drawings to locate a view

Hi everyone

Is it possible to create a hyperlink/link in inventor drawing to locate a view.

I have an assembly view on a page in a multi-paged drawing and I want to establish a link between the balloon (or leader text) of a specific part and it's view on an other page.

Please take a look at the attached GIF to clearly understand my question.

Thanks in advance

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
sundars
in reply to: m.joudivand

Hi @m.joudivand 

Unfortunately, I cannot find any drawing object which even comes close to what you want. We only have the ability to define a weblink in the text formatting dialog.

I think what you really want is some sort of custom/client object which could act like link/shortcut and that shortcut would point to some other sheet on the same drawing or a different document entirely. I suppose it might be doable programmatically but its probably a bit of API work. 

I would post this request to the Ideas Forum and see if it gets some traction.

Thanks

-shiva

Shiva Sundaram
Inventor Development
Message 3 of 8
m.joudivand
in reply to: sundars

Dear @sundars 

Thanks for the response,

Actually the most important thing here is to have to hyperlink to direct the view to a specific location of page in a single sheet (hyperlink to other files (PDFs) is something that may happen out of Inventor space).

Waiting for comments about it.

Thank you in advance

Mohammad

Message 4 of 8
sundars

Hi @m.joudivand 

You can use "Insert Object" and create an OLE link to your external PDF document. Once you insert the link to that external file, clicking the ole link will open the external document. Then you could navigate to whatever page you want inside that document. Unfortunately, I dont believe there is a way to open the external PDF document using a particular page. It always opens at the first page. However, there are ways to get around that. You could simply add a text in the drawing next to the ole link indicating the page number you want to go to. 

To do this:

1. Manage Tab

2. Insert Link

3. In the dialog, use "create from file"

4. Select your external PDF

5. Check "Link" 

6. Insert as Icon

sundars_0-1644424264639.png

Thanks

-shiva

-shiva

Shiva Sundaram
Inventor Development
Message 5 of 8
m.joudivand

Dear @sundars 

Thanks for the reply, it is worth to know how to link a document to a drawing,

Actually my exact question was about the possiblity to create a hypelink in a multipaged drawing to spot a specific page or a part of a sheet.

Let me to put my question in this way, is it possible to create a hyperlink which creates an icon on a sheet that is linked to another text (or whatever object) located on another page (in the same drawing since it is multipaged)?

Sincerely yours

Mohammad

Message 6 of 8
CGBenner

@m.joudivand 

Hi.  I would refer you back to the first response by @sundars @in this thread.  It may be possible using some custom programming, but not with standard Inventor functionality.  I would suggest posting the challenge to the experts in our illogic and VBA forum, to see if they can help you work some magic. Good luck!

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 7 of 8
sundars

Hi @m.joudivand 

Unfortunately not with existing functionality. You would have to possibly explore some sort of custom functionality by programming with iLogic or vba.

Thanks

-shiva

Shiva Sundaram
Inventor Development
Message 8 of 8
m.joudivand

Dear @sundars amd @CGBenner 

Thanks for the recommendations, will do.

Sincerely

Mohammad

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report