Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create part drawing for an elbow.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
marcus.stratton
853 Views, 12 Replies

Create part drawing for an elbow.

I am quite new to inventor not sure what I am asking for is possible?

I am wanting to create an pipe elbow part, but be able to change the Diameter, Length, Degree bend (45°, 35° etc.). Also need to show insulation around the elbow and that to be able to be changed (thickness) and able to be segmented to create lobster back elbow.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
JDMather
in reply to: marcus.stratton

@marcus.stratton 

Attach the file(s) of your attempt here.

Also attach an images of something similar from the real world that closely resembles your intended geometry.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 13
marcus.stratton
in reply to: JDMather

Attached is a quick model I have created. 

Also attached is what i am trying to explain. so all those segments come together to form the insulation around the pipe. but needing the part to be able to be changed for various lengths/diameter/angle of pipe.

marcusstratton_0-1683286464854.png

Message 4 of 13

marcusstratton_0-1683286646585.png

Message 5 of 13
JDMather

@marcus.stratton 

JDMather_0-1683287721745.png

I would expect to see a Tangent constraint at the top horizontal line to the arc in this image.

I do not see an angle dimension?

I see both an arc length dimension and a point to point to ends of arc dimension.  This does not make logical sense to me.

The solution will be Split and Derived Parts.

Is the insulation cut from a tube as shown in your image, or is it actually flat blanket that is rolled into a tube?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 6 of 13
marcus.stratton
in reply to: JDMather

The insulation is supplied in straight lengths. Like image below. With he pipe diameter already cut out. But I am needing a part model to create the elbow similar to the images above, so I am able to cut out the small segments and attach them together to form the elbow of insulation.

marcusstratton_0-1683290125232.png

Message 7 of 13
IgorMir

Well, it is quite doable. Here is a set of files in IV2020 format. The files are for the Insulation Segments itself. I presumed - you have already got steel elbows. But if not - the same principle will apply to making the steel elbow segments as well. Except - they will be Sheet Metal parts for getting a proper Flat Pattern.
For the insulation segments, I think Unwrap feature should be sufficient enough for getting a cutting template.

Cheers,

Igor.

P.S. The attached files are from a project I have done a few years ago. I have just quickly modified them to suit your request. Hence - there is some more than needed geometry can be found in a master sketch. 🙂

Web: www.meqc.com.au
Message 8 of 13
marcus.stratton
in reply to: IgorMir

Thanks Igor,
This seems like what I require, but I am wondering if it is possible to change the diameter and the angle etc.
Just we have a lot of different elbow sizes that need insulating (For Example, 32 od pipe with 35 Thick insulation and it might be 240 long and be a 35 degree elbow.)
Thanks,
Marcus
Message 9 of 13
IgorMir

Yes, it is quite possible. 

@marcus.stratton wrote:
Thanks Igor,
This seems like what I require, but I am wondering if it is possible to change the diameter and the angle etc.
Just we have a lot of different elbow sizes that need insulating (For Example, 32 od pipe with 35 Thick insulation and it might be 240 long and be a 35 degree elbow.)
Thanks,
Marcus

Message 10 of 13
marcus.stratton

Okay, what parameters need to be changed in the supplied model? In order to change everything?
Thanks,
Marcus
Message 11 of 13
IgorMir

Are you going to sent me a Purchase Order? I will get the job done for you.

Cheers,

Igor.

@marcus.stratton wrote:
Okay, what parameters need to be changed in the supplied model? In order to change everything?
Thanks,
Marcus

Message 12 of 13
marcus.stratton

What would the price be?
Message 13 of 13
IgorMir

Hi Marcus,

I have sent you a message.

Cheers,

Igor.

@marcus.stratton wrote:
What would the price be?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report