Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create ASME B16.9 Tee in inventor (2019)

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
BryanEvans2179
831 Views, 3 Replies

Create ASME B16.9 Tee in inventor (2019)

I am working on a project which requires the use of wroght ASME B16.9 tees (straight tees and reduced). the problem is that when I use the library items, they show a piece of straight pipe with another straight pipe added at a 90 degree angle, so the intersection is a right angle without a transition. When these are purchased, there is a transition on the interface between the 2 sections. I am trying to create a tee which properly represents this design. The problem is that the profile changes as the transition progresses around the branch pipe. 

Can someone point me in the direction of how to build this configuration in Inventor (or to a library which has the desired configuration)?

image.png

Thank you in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: BryanEvans2179

@BryanEvans2179 wrote:

I am trying to create a tee which properly represents this design.

This should be relatively easy to model.

Can you Attach the *.ipt file of your attempt here?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 4
BryanEvans2179
in reply to: JDMather

My attempt was very messy. I will generate a clean one and post it.

Message 4 of 4

Jeffrey,

Thank you for saying this should be easy. I was trying to make it much more complicated than it needed to be. I was able to come up with a simple solution for this by just using a fillet on the interface between the 2 pipes.

If there is a better way to do this, I would be interested in knowing it.

image.png

Thanks again.

Bryan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report