Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

controlling title block insertion point

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
TKey_Luttrell
2730 Views, 5 Replies

controlling title block insertion point

I did a search around the forums and found several posts about doing this.  But could not get any of their solutions to work.

I am attempting to create a drawing (dwg) template in inventor to match the one that we have used in AutoCAD for years.  The issue is mainly that the title block we use is beside the border, not inside it.  So i tricked Inventor into giving me the space i needed.  But now, when i insert the title block, it doesnt line up properly.  And I cannot seem to find a way to shift the titleblock.

attached is a screenshot of my Border, my TitleBlock, and a close up of the point where they come together in the drawing.  The Magenta line is the titleblock, the gray is the border.

I have tried to insert an insertion point into the titleblock but the button is greyed out.  I have tried moving the border, but it just moves the titleblock with it.

edit: running Inventor 2014

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
JDMather
in reply to: TKey_Luttrell

Can you post a screen shot of your AutoCAD border - an example of what you are trying to achieve?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 6
TKey_Luttrell
in reply to: JDMather

here you go

Message 4 of 6
JDMather
in reply to: TKey_Luttrell

Open the attached file.

Title Block.PNG

Expand the Drawing Resources>Title Blocks

Double click on Trial Title Block (I didn't edit in detail).

Doesn't this do exactly what you need?

Under Borders - right click on the Trial Border and select Edit to see what I did.

Under Title Blocks - right click on the Trial Title Block to see what I did.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 6
TKey_Luttrell
in reply to: JDMather

thats why i am confused...i drew the general shape of the title block on the border, such that the true border would move out of the way.  Then drew the title block to the same size...but then they are not using the same insertion point in mine, like they are in yours.  And i do not know how to correct that

Message 6 of 6

Never mind, it seems to be a glitch.  My title block was drawn in some space off to the left of the page...i moved it onto the page in its sketch form, and it suddenly snapped to the right spot.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report