Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud based design sharing

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
sbendele
771 Views, 6 Replies

Cloud based design sharing

I am working from home and trying to continue a Parametric CAD class using inventor.  What is the current cloud based File/Design based sharing system.  Currently using the desktop connector and the Fusion 360 online system, but its not ideal.  The A360 drive used to work great, bit not currently.  

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mdavis22569
in reply to: sbendele

What about OneDrive? 

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
mcgyvr

Are you just trying to share files?

There are TONS of file sharing programs like Dropbox, OneDrive,etc...

https://www.lifehack.org/articles/technology/20-online-file-sharing-tools-you-should-using.html

Heck you can even just get a cheap shared website hosting account and just ftp files up to the server and share their links. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 7
JDMather

I use myhub.autodesk360.com/ and OneDrive.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 7
sbendele

I have all the cloud storage like one drive.  Inventor used to connect to the Autodesk cloud seamlessly.  Designs were always up to date and all necessary files were placed there by the software.  That seems to have been removed and nothing has taken its place.  Using OneDrive or any other cloud storage, if one file is missing or not up to date the entire design is unusable.  The Fusion A360 cloud storage is not ideal to share Inventor files.  Hoping AutoDesk has a better solution.

Message 6 of 7
mdavis22569

I also use MyHUB as @JDMather  mentioned... 

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
DannyHubbard

In the Desktop Connector which option are you using?

The Drive option should be very similar to the previous A360 Drive, you may need to log into https://manage.autodesk.com to enable this option.

DannyHubbard_0-1588621568502.png

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report