Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CenterPoint Rectangle

36 REPLIES 36
Message 1 of 37
JDMather
4233 Views, 36 Replies

CenterPoint Rectangle

Thanks Brian and Dennis -

...but as implimented with horizontal and vertical to midpoint constraints can cause unexpected results with sketch chamfer or fillet. (see attached)

Technique with diagonal sketch line (as shown on the icon) avoids this problem.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

36 REPLIES 36
Message 2 of 37
mcgyvr
in reply to: JDMather

yes I see the same results on the undimensioned sides. Still GREAT addin... Thanks for finally doing something Autodesk should have done YEARS ago. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 37
Anonymous

Thanks for the feedback! Of course, if fillets and chamfers are created as features as we both teach, then there's no issue...... 🙂

For non-subscribers to The Creative Inventor Magazine, here's the links to download the Center Point Rectangle tool for Inventor 2010 and 2011 Ribbon users only:

http://teknigroup.com/ftp/files/Qube-It_Design_Tools_for_Inventor.zip

Or, also available at http://mcadforums.com  >> Autodesk Inventor Add-Ins

Dennis

Message 4 of 37
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

It appears that the sketch chamfer is pick sensitive. If the longer dimension is selected first, then it works correctly. Keep in mind that if you are filleting/chamfering the Center point constrained edge, then the sketch is no longer center constrained correctly as the line is shortened.

See attached.

Message 5 of 37
Anonymous

I am having problems loading this add on .i keep getting the error message as attached.

Any solutions?

iv2010

win 7-64 bit

Message 6 of 37
Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

I am having problems loading this add on .i keep getting the error message as attached.

Any solutions?

iv2010

win 7-64 bit

I recieve the same error when running the Qube-It Tools.msi file in an attempt to install the tools.

inv2010

win XP-64 bit

Message 7 of 37
mcgyvr

No problems here.. I did have to load MS .NET 4 though first but the installer prompted me to do so.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 8 of 37
Anonymous
in reply to: mcgyvr

@mcgyvr wrote:

No problems here.. I did have to load MS .NET 4 though first but the installer prompted me to do so.

ditto for me concerning .NET 4, but then recieved the error mentioned above.

i just resolved this by downloading the new version from here:

http://www.mcadforums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=11365

it appears to have been an issue with Inv 2010

Message 9 of 37
JDMather

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the feedback! Of course, if fillets and chamfers are created as features as we both teach, then there's no issue...... 🙂

Of course I seldom add fillets or chamfers to sketches, but it could be bullet-proof with the diagonal construction line technique.  Just pointing this out if it can be fixed in Centerpoint Rectangle v1.2 Smiley Happy  BTW I love the other two rectangle options as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 10 of 37
Anonymous

Problem solved by downloading new file.

Thanks for your help

chris

Message 11 of 37
Anonymous

The updated file (dated July 6, 2010) has uploaded to the teknigroup site as well:

http://teknigroup.com/ftp/files/Qube-It_Design_Too ls_for_Inventor.zip

Or, also available at http://mcadforums.com  >> Autodesk Inventor Add-Ins

Message 12 of 37
Qube-it

JD, I actually had the rectangle being created with a diagonal line at one point, but when I would use it, I found that the diagonal construction line was a little obtrusive while drawing lines (arcs, circles, etc.) because of the interactive tracking and snapping that occurs.  Not a big deal, just annoying to me personally. 

I could pretty easily add that option if you like.  Maybe as a separate installable version or an additional button on the drop down.  Which way would everyone like it to be?  Separate version or additional button? Anyone, Anyone... "Bueller, Bueller"  Smiley Happy

-Brian Hall-
Message 13 of 37
yannick3
in reply to: Qube-it

Hi

Your addins is very usefull and i think a new buton will be the best

Thank

Yannick Verreault
INV PRO 2015
MS Office 2007
Win 7 pro, core i7 950, asus P6T WS
nvidia Gforce GTX 295
WD caviar black 500Go
WD caviar black 1To

Message 14 of 37
SBix26

I always use the diagonal construction line technique, and I'd like to encourage others where I work to do the same.  Best option, IMO, would allow me to choose which of the three (or four) tools will be the default.  I have yet to try it, because .net 4.0 is not yet available where I work.

Message 15 of 37
Anonymous
in reply to: SBix26

Hi sbixler,

there is a .NET 3.5 Version available yet. You can download it from here

cheers

Matthias

Message 16 of 37
Anonymous

Actually, it might be more beneficial to those using the CPR  for a modified base sketch where fillets/chamfers are used, as the center point relationship is preserved ( see attached).

However, I still feel that in most cases, that the fillet/chamfer should not be a sketch object.

Message 17 of 37
Qube-it
in reply to: SBix26

Sam, have a look over at MCADForums where I posted the installer(s).  I added an installer that doesn't install .NET 4.0 on the user's machine.  It's .NET 3.5, though, so hopefully you'll be allowed to have that.

....And I see that Mathias beet me to the punch on that one as I'm writing this.  🙂

Anyway, I will go ahead and add another button option for the Center Point Rectangle.  I'll do it over the weekend so it should be ready by Monday.

-Brian Hall-
Message 18 of 37
SBix26

Thanks very much Matthias and Brian.  I loaded the .net 3.5 version and it seems to work well on IV2010SP3 and XP 32-bit.  I'm looking forward to the new and improved versions!

Message 19 of 37
Qube-it

I have released another version of this tool which, among other things, specifically addresses the center point rectangle technique proposed by JDMather.  It's over on MCADForums for download now.  Here's the link:

http://www.mcadforums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=11365&p=78891#p78891

YouTube video showing what's in this release:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghafHcYe5RQ

-Brian Hall-
Message 20 of 37
SBix26

Thanks, Brian, this looks great.  Now I just have to find a spare keyboard alias for it that I can remember...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report