Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Fillet a Particular Edge

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1109 Views, 4 Replies

Cannot Fillet a Particular Edge

I am trying to fillet this edge with a 1.5mm fillet in Inventor 2017, but I am getting an error saying "create fillet feature failed":

Edge.JPG

The top right of this edge is another fillet. I think this is the problem as the two edges where this fillet and the curved face with the holes meet up are not perpendicular. Are there any shortcuts to get around this? Or is there another issue altogether? Thank you for the help.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you attach the *.ipt file here?

Order of fillets is very particular.

I suspect Fillet should have been done before a Shell, but without the file....

Sometimes Face Fillet rather than Edge Fillet is the best solution.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 5
Roelof.Feijen

Hello Adam,

Try to create both fillets with one fillet feature.

You can create different fillet sizes with in feature. 

If you don't suceed please attach your file so we can take a look.

Roelof Feijen

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!
Message 4 of 5
PaulMunford

You could try turning off 'Edge chains' so that you can pick one edge at a ttime to see which edge is causing you a problem?

Autodesk Marketing Manager D&M
Opinions are my own and may not reflect those of my company.
Linkedin Twitter Instagram Facebook Pinterest

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: PaulMunford

Thank you for all the replies. The issue was I extruded the fillet on the top right, and then did another large fillet perpendicular to that (the large curved surface seen below the highlighted section in the picture above).

To fix, I removed the first fillet (the top right), then extruded the entire structure outward, then did the large fillet perpendicular. After do this, there is only one edge because the top, right fillet is now gone, so Inventor recognized the single edge and allowed the fillet.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report